A perfect, fruity, summertime cocktail, this Pineapple Margarita is a fun twist on the margarita you’re used to drinking. Sweet, tangy, and delicious, with only four ingredients.
Who doesn’t love a margarita? I also love anything that’s fruity with alcohol in it. Those types of drinks are very dangerous because they go down so smoothly.
WHAT DO I NEED FOR A PINEAPPLE MARGARITA?
- Pineapple juice – use whatever brand you enjoy or juice your own
- Tequila – I like using a blanco tequila to keep the flavor pure with no oak or smoke notes in it.
- Triple Sec – you can use any orange liqueur you like or have on hand, such as Triple Sec, Grand Marnier, or Cointreau.
- Lime juice – squeeze or use a citrus reamer to juice a fresh lime instead of using bottled for the best flavor.
- Sugar or salt and chili powder or paprika or cayenne for rimming the glass
Make it a cocktail party with a few appetizers to serve with your Pineapple Margaritas:
Add a few Jalapeno Guava Margaritas or a Classic Cadillac Margarita to please everybody’s drink preference. Print
Sweet, fruity, and just a bit tangy, this pineapple margarita is the perfect summer cocktail. Enjoy it with barbecue, spicy Mexican, or with appetizers for a smooth, fruity treat.
1 tablespoon sugar
½ teaspoon chili powder
4 ounces pineapple juice
2 ounces tequila
2 ounces triple sec
1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
In a small, shallow dish, mix together the sugar and chili powder.
Use a lime wedge to moisten the rims of 2 margarita glasses and dip the rim into the sugar/chili powder mixture. Set aside.
Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice.
Pour all the ingredients into the shaker.
Shake vigorously for 30 seconds until the outside of the shaker is icy cold.
Strain into the prepared glasses and garnish with a pineapple wedge.
- Category: Starter - Cocktails
- Method: Shake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pineapple margaritas, margarita recipes, tequila margaritas, girl's night cocktails, happy hour drinks, pineapple drinks, tequila drinks, margaritas,
Please follow and like us: