This copycat Pumptini is a gorgeous pink, fruity martini that’s perfectly balanced between sweet and tart. It’s just what you need for tonight’s Vanderpump Rules reunion. One of these copycat cocktails and you won’t care if Schwartz or Lisa knew about the affair! If you don’t get the reference, I’m not sure that we can be friends.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
I’ve been looking forward to this last installment of the VP Rules reunion since, well, last week when the second installment ended. Wednesday evenings became ‘girl’s night’ ever since ‘Scandoval’ broke in March. I’m not sure what we’ll do next week! One thing that I am very sure of is that many, many Pumptinis will be served!
All About The Pump-Tini Martini
“I’m passionate about Pump-Tinis, I’m just not crazy about…regular martinis.” This was Lisa Vanderpump’s tagline on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. Words to live by…except I pretty much love ALL martinis.
The Pump-Tini is a cocktail served at Lisa’s Sur and Pump restaurants. It’s become such an iconic drink, even the Hollywood elite openly admit to it being their go-to cocktail – we’re looking at you, Jennifer Lawrence and Crissy Teigen.
You can watch the Sur and Pump servers learning how to make the martini here. You’ll see how easy it is to make this drink at home and also save $18.
I wanted to make the Pump-Tini exactly as they do at the restaurant. This pipe dream quickly went down the tubes when I discovered that one ingredient, Pavan Liqueur, is virtually impossible to find. Pavan is a French liqueur made from Muscat wine (eau de vie) and orange blossom water. I also couldn’t find the Vanderpump vodka that they use, so our ‘house’ vodka it is!
- Pink sanding sugar or pink and white nonpareils – this is used to rim the martini glass. You could use granulated sugar as well.
- Fresh raspberries – pick out the most perfect ones to use for garnish and the rest can be used for muddling.
- Vodka – I used Tito’s since I couldn’t find the Vanderpump Vodka.
- Simple syrup – you can actually buy simple syrup in the grocery store. You’ll find it with the mixers, but honestly, why? It’s incredibly simple to make at home. Simply bring one cup of sugar and one cup of water to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Cool and store in a covered jar or bottle in the refrigerator.
- Orange liqueur – I used Grand Marnier for this batch. Triple Sec and Cointreau are other options. I made one with Patron Citronage Orange Liqueur, which while delicious, was way too strong for me. I fell asleep after a few sips into the second one.
- Pink grapefruit juice – fresh squeezed is the best, but a refrigerated brand will work as well.
- Lime juice – use fresh lime juice. There really isn’t a good alternative. To yield ¾ of an ounce, you’ll need about 1 ½ Persian limes. Save the rinds to moisten the glass rim before you rim it in the sanding sugar.
- Fresh mint as a garnish – this is optional but looks very pretty and festive.
Steps To Make This Recipe
- Rim the martini glass by using a lime rind to moisten the edge and dip the edge into the sanding sugar.
- Muddle the raspberries in a cocktail shaker.
- Pour in the vodka, orange liqueur, and both juices, and then fill the shaker with ice.
- Shake and strain the liquid into the cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a raspberry and a sprig of mint.
More Cocktail Recipes For Your Next Girl’s Night
- Cherry Chili Lime Margaritas
- Sparkling Rosemary Pear Martini
- Strawberry Moscow Mule
- Key Lime Pie Martini
- Dirty Banana Cocktail
- Lemon Blueberry Lavender Cocktail
- Pomegranate Martini
- White Russian Cocktail
- Brandy Alexander Cocktail
- Strawberry Shortcake Martini
- Fresh Strawberry Key Lime Margarita
This copycat Pumptini is a gorgeous pink, fruity martini that’s perfectly balanced between sweet and tart. It’s just what you need for tonight’s Vanderpump Rules reunion.
4 fresh raspberries (3 to muddle and 1 for a garnish)
2 ounces vodka (I used Tito’s)
¾ ounce simple syrup
¾ ounce orange liqueur (I used Grand Marnier)
¾ ounce pink grapefruit juice (fresh squeezed is best)
¾ ounce fresh squeezed lime juice
Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of the sanding sugar or nonpareils onto a shallow dish.
Rim the edge of a martini glass with a slice of lime or a bit of grapefruit juice and then turn the glass over to coat the rim with the sugar or nonpareils. Set aside.
Pour in the vodka, simple syrup, orange liqueur, and both juices.
Fill the cocktail shaker with ice and shake until the outside of the shaker is icy cold.
Strain the mixture into a martini glass and garnish with a fresh raspberry.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Starters – Cocktails
- Method: Shake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: copycat Pump-Tini martini, vodka recipes, orange liqueur, martini recipes, Vanderpump Rules watch party, girl’s night out, pink cocktails