Pink, fruity, sweet, and creamy, this Valentine’s Day cocktail is the perfect libation for the holiday.
I am probably the least romantic person on the planet. It’s bad. I’m not a flower person. I’m never going to wait for hours to get into a restaurant that is packed, loud, with lousy service because the poor server is overworked and overwhelmed. Spending $5 – $8 on a card that is eventually going to get thrown away feels silly to me and the upcharge on chocolates for a fake marketing holiday disgusts me. See? I’m like the Grinch of romance.
That said, if I love you I’m thrilled to cook for you and share a lovely meal, dessert, and a delicious cocktail. To me, that’s romance.
This cocktail is one that I’ve made for a long time – often just for myself or a group of girlfriends. It is a drink that women seem to love. It’s sweet and pink and fruity. What more needs to be said?
EQUIPMENT USED IN MAKING THIS VALENTINE’S DAY COCKTAIL
- J.A Henckels International Classic Starter Knife Set, 3-Piece – good knives make food prep easier…and safer.
- Extra Thick Flexible Plastic Kitchen Cutting Board Mats Set, Set of 6 Colored Mats With Food Icons & Easy-Grip Handles, Non-Porous, Dishwasher – different colors for different foods. No more onion flavored fruit. It’ a good thing.
- Stainless Steel 24 Ounce Cocktail Shaker Bar Set with Measuring Jigger and Mixing Spoon – pretty, functional, and kinda fun to play with.
- 8″ Long Stainless Steel Cocktail Muddlers by HQY, Muddler – better than wood and you can toss it into the dishwasher.
- Arc International Luminarc 4 Piece Cachet Martini Glass Set, Set of 4, Clear – these glasses are pretty AND inexpensive, so when ‘THAT’ friend breaks one, it’s no big deal.
If you enjoy this Valentine’s Day cocktail, here are a few more to keep in your repertoire:
- Rum Runner Cocktail
- Blood Orange Mojito
- Ultimate Chocolate Martini
- Cosmopolitan Martini
- Spiked Florida Swamp Water
- Classic Cadillac Margarita
- Fresh Strawberry Key Lime Margarita
- Cool Lychee Martini
What could be more perfect than this Valentine’s Day cocktail? It is fruity, sweet, creamy, and so delicious. Perfect to share with your sweetheart or girlfriends.
2 ounces Vanilla vodka
4 fresh strawberries, sliced
½ ounce Amaretto
1 ounce Half and Half
In a large cocktail shaker, muddle the vodka with the strawberries. Pour in the Amaretto and Half and Half. Add ice cubes, cover and shake the shaker until the outside of the shaker is icy cold.
Strain into a martini glass and garnish with a strawberry.
- Category: Starters - Cocktails
- Method: Shake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Valentine's Day Cocktail, dessert cocktail, cocktail, cocktail recipe, fruity cocktail, strawberry drinks, martinis