Sweet, fruity, and delicious, this cool lychee martini cocktail is sure to satisfy. With vodka, liqueurs, and canned lychee juice, this exotic martini could not be easier and packs quite a punch.
In my younger days, I thought nothing of ordering a sweet and delicious craft cocktail or martini when I was out with my girlfriends. At $10 to $15 a pop, it was a pricey indulgence to start our evening.
As time went on, we figured out that it was much cheaper and usually tastier to have our girl’s night at each other’s homes.
Our evenings included each lady bringing an appetizer and the host would make her signature drink. This cool lychee martini cocktail quickly became my “go-to” girl’s night libation.
I am not a fan of cocktails with a strong alcohol flavor, so I knew that the typical gin and vermouth martinis were not going to work for me. Vodka was the perfect choice to allow the other flavors to shine through. The peach schnapps and elderflower liqueur provide the sweetness and the lychee juice adds an exotic element.
I used St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur in my version of the Cool Lychee Martini Cocktail. It adds a floral note that I think compliments the taste of the lychees. It is also the main flavoring used for the wedding cake of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. Just a bit of trivia.
Tools Needed to Make the Cool Lychee Martini Cocktail
- Bar shaker or a Mason jar – anything with a tight-fitting lid
- Shot glass or jigger
- Lemon reamer or juicer
- Beautiful martini glass
Substitutions for Cool Lychee Martini
- Use gin in place of the vodka.
- White cranberry juice is a non-alcoholic replacement for the schnapps and elderflower liqueur.
- Add a splash of vermouth for a more traditional martini flavor.
- Be a purist and use Soho brand lychee liqueur to replace the schnapps. Soho is the only brand sold in the US.
The lychee is a small round stone fruit with a soft, sweet, white flesh that tastes like a cross between a grape, a pear, and a strawberry. The soft flesh is covered by a tough, bumpy, pink rind. Not the prettiest of fruits, but the taste is divine.
The lychee is often confused with the Indonesian Rambutan, which looks like a lychee fruit but with lovely green “hairs” covering the pink rind. The Rambutan has firmer flesh and is not as sweet.
What To Serve With Your Cool Lychee MartiniPrint
Cool, fruity martini cocktail that is perfect for a girl’s night get together.
- 1.5 ounces vodka (use a good brand to keep the smooth flavor)
- ½ ounce peach schnapps
- ½ ounce St. Germain’s Elderflower liqueur
- 2 ounces canned lychee juice
- Splash of lemon juice
- Lychee fruit as garnish
- In your bar shaker or mason jar, combine the vodka, schnapps, St. Germain’s, lychee juice, and lemon juice. Add a handful of ice cubes and shake vigorously until the outside of your shaker gets very cold.
- Strain the liquid into a martini or cocktail glass. Use a wooden or decorative pick to skewer one or two lychee fruits to use as a garnish in the glass.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Starter - Cocktails
- Method: Shake
- Cuisine: Asian
- Serving Size: 1
Keywords: cool lychee martini, lychee fruit, martini recipes, vodka drinks, happy hour, girl's night
Want to take your bartending skills to the next level? Check out this ‘how-to’ video on the proper way to shake a cocktail.