A creamy White Russian cocktail is the best way to add a bit of sweet at the end of the day. With vodka, coffee liqueur, and half & half, this cocktail is a dessert in a glass and a perfect nightcap.
To say that this is my favorite cocktail is a screaming understatement. And I’m not the only one. ‘The Dude’ from the ‘Big Lebowski’ drank it throughout the entire movie. It was also Adrienne’s drink of choice for her stomach ulcer in the ‘Soprano’s’. I’ll stop there and admit that I have way too much useless information in my brain.
WHAT IS IN A WHITE RUSSIAN?
- Vodka. Use a good brand, not the rotgut you drank in college.
- Coffee liqueur – like Kahlua, Kamora, Tia Maria or make your own
- Half & half – or milk, or heavy cream
VARIATIONS ON A WHITE RUSSIAN
- Salted Caramel White Russian – Rim your glass with caramel sauce and sprinkle a bit of sea salt around the rim. Drizzle just a tiny amount of caramel into the glass, then continue with your White Russian.
- Peanut Butter White Russian – Classic White Russian with the addition of 2 tablespoons of peanut butter blended into the mix and then garnished with a peanut butter cup.
- Cookies & Cream White Russian is a classic White Russian, but the glass is rimmed with honey and crushed Oreo cookies.
- Try using nut milk instead of cream, half & half, or milk. Almond milk is especially delicious.
More dessert cocktails to try:Print
This creamy White Russian Cocktail is the perfect dessert cocktail or nightcap.
2 ounces vodka
1 ounce coffee liqueur
1 ounce half and half
Add ice cubes to a rocks glass.
Pour in the vodka, coffee liqueur, and half and half. Stir for at least 30 seconds to chill the liquids.
- Category: Starters - Cocktails
- Method: Stir
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: White Russian Cocktail, vodka cocktails, dessert cocktails, nightcap, creamy drinks