This pomegranate martini is exactly what you need at the end of a long day. It is the perfect blend of tart, sweet, and bitter.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
During my time in New York City, one of my favorite restaurants was the Tribeca Grill. It was the perfect spot to pop in for a quick bite and a cocktail before heading home.
I, of course, always ordered my favorite Pomegranate Martini. It was the perfect blend of tart and sweet, very citrusy, and deliciously smooth. After years of begging, these were the ingredients that he used. It took me a lot of trial and error to get the measurements right. I think it’s pretty close.
WHAT DO I NEED FOR THIS COCKTAIL?
- Vodka – preferably mandarin orange vodka, but you could also use plain.
- Orange liqueur – I used Cointreau, but Grand Marnier or Triple Sec also works.
- Pomegranate juice
- Limejuice – freshly squeezed tastes the best.
- Orange blossom water – optional, but adds a nice citrusy flavor. You can buy it here.
- Pomegranate seeds, lime slice, sanding sugar – lime and sugar to rim the glass and the seeds and lime slices as a garnish.
MORE MARTINI RECIPES
- Strawberry Shortcake Martini
- Ultimate Chocolate Martini
- Pumpkin Pie Martini
- Classic Cosmopolitan Martini
- Cool Lychee Martini
This beautiful, fruity pomegranate martini is a delicious tart, sweet, and citrusy cocktail. The orange blossom water gives it an exotic flair.
1 lime wedge
2 ounces mandarin orange vodka
1 ½ ounce orange liqueur (I like Cointreau)
¼ cup pomegranate juice
¼ ounce lime juice
¼ teaspoon Orange blossom water
Pomegranate seeds as a garnish
Lime slice as a garnish
Run the lime wedge around the rim of a martini glass to moisten the rim.
Pour sanding sugar onto a small, flat saucer.
Dip the rim of the glass into the sanding sugar to coat the rim of the glass in sugar. Set aside.
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the vodka, orange liqueur, pomegranate juice, lime juice, and orange blossom water.
Shake vigorously until the outside of the shaker is icy cold.
Strain the liquid into the sugar-rimmed martini glass.
Spoon a few pomegranate seeds into the cocktail and garnish with a lime slice.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Starter - Cocktails
- Method: Shake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pomegranate martini, cocktails, happy hour, pomegranate, pomegranate seeds, orange blossom water, mandarin vodka, orange liqueur, Cointreau, Grand Marnier