Gorgeous mushroom caps, pan-seared in a garlicky, white wine and butter sauce, is a high-end steakhouse staple. Why not bring that high-end steakhouse meal home by making these easy, garlic butter mushrooms for your next steak. The mushrooms soak up the flavorful sauce giving them a rich flavor – and they’re ready in no time.
WHAT IS NEEDED FOR THIS RECIPE?
- Olive oil and butter – why both? The butter adds richness and the olive oil helps to raise the smoke point of the butter.
- White button mushrooms – whole mushrooms. You could also use baby portabellas. Try to find mushrooms that are similar in size so they cook evenly.
- Worcestershire sauce – brings a beefy flavor to the mushrooms
- Dry white wine – this is optional but adds a TON of flavor
- Black pepper – preferably freshly ground
- Garlic – lots of it
- Fresh parsley – for garnish
HOW TO CLEAN MUSHROOMS
Mushrooms often have quite a bit of dirt on them when packaged. You want to make sure that you get all of it off before adding the mushrooms to your pan.
- Brush off as much dirt as possible with a paper towel or a very soft-bristled brush. Be sure to get the stem and around the gills.
- Mushrooms are like little sponges, so if you plan on eating them raw, don’t wash them. But for this recipe we’ll be pan-sauteing them, so run them under cold water to remove the last of the debris.
- If you feel the need, you can peel the mushrooms after rinsing them. Use a sharp paring knife to pry away the first layer of skin.
- Add minced onion
- Fresh thyme and rosemary are delicious with the mushrooms
- You could use a dry red wine instead of the white wine
- Don’t want the alcohol? Add beef broth instead.
Complete your steak house dinner at home with a few of these sides:
- Spinach Salad With Bacon Dressing
- Classic Wedge Salad
- Elegant Duchess Potatoes
- Loaded Hasselback Potatoes
- Roasted Garlic Horseradish Mashed Potatoes
- Rosemary Garlic Grilled Vegetables
- Sauteed Haricot Verts
- Steakhouse Creamed Spinach
- Lemon Parmesan Roasted Asparagus
Bring your favorite steakhouse side dish home. These garlic butter mushrooms are an easy and delicious side for your steak dinner. Plus, they’re ready in no time.
In a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat, melt the olive oil and butter together.
Add the mushrooms and toss to coat all of the mushrooms with oil and butter. Spread the mushrooms out into a single layer.
Cook for 5 minutes, stirring once or twice.
Stir one last time.
Pour in the Worcestershire sauce and wine. Bring the mixture to a boil and allow the mushrooms to cook, undisturbed, for another 2 minutes.
Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
Stir the mushrooms and continue to cook for another 2 minutes.
Add the black pepper and garlic to the pan. Saute the mushrooms and garlic, stirring often, for 7-8 minutes or until the mushrooms are cooked throughout and tender.
Remove the pan from the oven and stir in the parsley.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Pan Saute
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: garlic butter mushrooms, side dish, mushrooms, garlic butter, steakhouse sides, steakhouse, restaurant recipes, vegetables