Gorgeous mushroom caps, pan-seared in a garlicky, white wine and butter sauce, is a high-end steakhouse staple. Why not bring that high-end steakhouse meal home by making these easy, garlic butter mushrooms for your next steak. The mushrooms soak up the flavorful sauce giving them a rich flavor – and they’re ready in no time.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
I like to serve the mushrooms beside a Perfect Filet Mignon or the Ultimate Tomahawk Steak.
WHAT IS NEEDED FOR THIS RECIPE?
- Olive oil and butter – why both? The butter adds richness and the olive oil helps to raise the smoke point of the butter.
- White button mushrooms – whole mushrooms. You could also use baby portabellas. Try to find mushrooms that are similar in size so they cook evenly.
- Worcestershire sauce – brings a beefy flavor to the mushrooms
- Dry white wine – this is optional but adds a TON of flavor
- Black pepper – preferably freshly ground
- Garlic – lots of it
- Fresh parsley – for garnish
HOW TO CLEAN MUSHROOMS
Mushrooms often have quite a bit of dirt on them when packaged. You want to make sure that you get all of it off before adding the mushrooms to your pan.
- Brush off as much dirt as possible with a paper towel or a very soft-bristled brush. Be sure to get the stem and around the gills.
- Mushrooms are like little sponges, so if you plan on eating them raw, don’t wash them. But for this recipe we’ll be pan-sauteing them, so run them under cold water to remove the last of the debris.
- If you feel the need, you can peel the mushrooms after rinsing them. Use a sharp paring knife to pry away the first layer of skin.
- Add minced onion
- Fresh thyme and rosemary are delicious with the mushrooms
- You could use a dry red wine instead of the white wine
- Don’t want the alcohol? Add beef broth instead.
Complete your steak house dinner at home with a few of these sides:
- Spinach Salad With Bacon Dressing
- Classic Wedge Salad
- Elegant Duchess Potatoes
- Loaded Hasselback Potatoes
- Roasted Garlic Horseradish Mashed Potatoes
- Rosemary Garlic Grilled Vegetables
- Sauteed Haricot Verts
- Steakhouse Creamed Spinach
- Lemon Parmesan Roasted Asparagus
GARLIC BUTTER MUSHROOMS
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
Bring your favorite steakhouse side dish home. These garlic butter mushrooms are an easy and delicious side for your steak dinner. Plus, they’re ready in no time.
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoon butter
1 pound white mushrooms, washed and stem trimmed
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
¼ cup dry white wine
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
5 large garlic cloves, finely minced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
In a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat, melt the olive oil and butter together.
Add the mushrooms and toss to coat all of the mushrooms with oil and butter. Spread the mushrooms out into a single layer.
Cook for 5 minutes, stirring once or twice.
Stir one last time.
Pour in the Worcestershire sauce and wine. Bring the mixture to a boil and allow the mushrooms to cook, undisturbed, for another 2 minutes.
Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
Stir the mushrooms and continue to cook for another 2 minutes.
Add the black pepper and garlic to the pan. Saute the mushrooms and garlic, stirring often, for 7-8 minutes or until the mushrooms are cooked throughout and tender.
Remove the pan from the oven and stir in the parsley.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Pan Saute
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: garlic butter mushrooms, side dish, mushrooms, garlic butter, steakhouse sides, steakhouse, restaurant recipes, vegetables