This easy grilled side dish is so full of flavor and ready in about 30 minutes. The best part of the recipe is how easily it can be customized to your family’s favorite veggies. I like to serve this with an Ultimate Tomahawk Steak, some Mexican Grilled Corn, and a Classic Caprese Salad.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
I grew up on overcooked, flavorless, canned vegetables. And I hated them. To this day, I still marvel at how delicious grilled or roasted fresh veggies can be and how much I adore them. I can (and have quite often) eaten a plate of grilled vegetables as a meal. So good.
Grilling or roasting vegetables seems to concentrate the flavors, bring out their sweetness, and maintains a tender-crisp texture. By playing with different herbs, spices, and oils, you can change the flavor profiles a bit and keep the vegetables interesting.
My latest favorite is coating vegetables in olive oil, a bit of balsamic vinegar to bring out their sweetness, tons of garlic, and fresh rosemary for amazing flavor.
VARIATIONS ON THIS EASY GRILLED SIDE DISH
Use your favorite vegetables – zucchini, squash, cauliflower, eggplant, onions, bell peppers. Experiment and enjoy the process. Then add the flavors. If you only have frozen vegetables, what is the best way to cook your frozen vegetables? In that article, they discuss some tips and tricks for doing so, and I fully agree.
- Go Italian by adding garlic, oregano, basil, and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese before serving.
- Like the flavors of Greece? A sprinkle of Greek seasoning, lots of lemon zest and juice, and crumbled feta cheese will transport your tastebuds.
- How about Moroccan flavors? Add a bit of cilantro, cumin, cinnamon, and turmeric. A sprinkle of orange zest and juice, a few raisins, and pine nuts give an exotic flair.
EQUIPMENT USED FOR THIS RECIPE
- OXO Good Grips 12-Inch Tongs With Nylon Heads
- Extra Thick Flexible Plastic Kitchen Cutting Board Mats Set, Set of 6 Colored Mats With Food Icons & Easy-Grip Handles, Non-Porous, Dishwasher – different colors for different foods. No more onion flavored fruit. It’ a good thing.
- J.A Henckels International Classic Starter Knife Set, 3-Piece – good knives make food prep easier…and safer.
- Weber 6481 Small Stainless Steel Vegetable Basket
Here are a few more easy and delicious vegetable side dish recipes for you to try:
- Sweet And Tangy Green Bean Bundles
- Ratatouille Casserole
- Easy Sauteed Garlic Broccolini
- Marmalade Rum Glazed Carrots
- Sauteed Haricots Verts
- Maple Miso Glazed Brussels Sprouts
- Steakhouse Creamed Spinach
This easy grilled side dish is so full of flavor and ready in about 30 minutes. The best part of the recipe is how easily it can be customized to your family’s favorite veggies.
2 red bell peppers, seeded and quartered
2 yellow bell peppers, seeded and quartered
4 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise into ½-inch thick slices
4 Japanese eggplants, sliced lengthwise into ½-inch thick slices
4 small red onions, peeled and quartered
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
¼ cup olive oil
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
Preheat your grill to medium-high. Place a grill pan on the grates.
In a large bowl, add the vegetables, oil, vinegar, garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat fully.
Grill the vegetables until tender and slightly charred, about 10 – 15 minutes.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Rosemary garlic grilled vegetables, side dish recipes, grilling recipes, zucchini, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, rosemary, eggplant, red onion