This is such an easy side dish that is also delicious. Baby carrots are steamed until tender and then glazed with thick, sweet orange marmalade and rum sauce.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
There are the broccoli casseroles, the shaved brussels sprouts, and the green bean casseroles on every holiday table, but glazed carrots are like a candy treat disguised as a vegetable. So delicious and so decadent.
HOW DO I MAKE MARMALADE RUM GLAZED CARROTS?
This easy side dish recipe starts with steamed baby carrots. Then once you steam these little babies, you glaze them in a luscious sauce of rum, brown sugar, and butter glaze. What could be easier or more delicious?
VARIATIONS TO THIS EASY SIDE DISH:
- If you don’t like using spiced rum, any rum will work. The spiced rum adds a hint of warm spices like cinnamon and nutmeg. You can also swap in ½ teaspoon of rum extract.
- To lower the sugar content, substitute an all-fruit marmalade or a sugar-free marmalade. Brown sugar substitute (like Swerve) can also be used.
- Raisins, chopped pecans, or dried cranberries make tasty additions to this recipe.
EQUIPMENT NEEDED FOR THIS RECIPE:
- Cuisinart FCT-10 French Classic Tri-Ply Stainless 10-Piece Cookware Set
- Cuisinart 77-35CG Chef’s Classic Stainless 3-Piece 3-Quart Steamer Set
- DOWAN 2 Piece Porcelain Angled Serving Bowls, Salad Bowls, 26 Oz, White
Are you looking for additional Thanksgiving side dishes? May I suggest a few?
- Savory Butternut Squash Casserole
- Mom’s Candied Sweet Potatoes
- Sauteed Haricots Verts
- Steakhouse Creamed Spinach
- Lemon Parmesan Roasted Asparagus
- Roasted Garlic Horseradish Mashed Potatoes
An easy side dish recipe that is sweet, little savory and very delicious. Baby carrots that are steamed and glazed with a rum and marmalade glaze are a great and easy recipe to add to your holiday table.
2 pounds fresh baby carrots
2/3 cup orange marmalade
⅓ cup spiced rum
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons butter
Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
In a large saucepan, place a steamer basket over 1-inch of water. Place the carrots in the basket and cover the saucepan. Bring the water to a boil. Reduce the heat to maintain a low boil and steam the carrots until they are crisp-tender, about 12 to 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, while the carrots steam, use a small saucepan to combine the marmalade, rum, brown sugar, and butter. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until the mixture starts to boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring often, until the glaze is reduced by about half and is thickened.
Place the carrots into a large bowl. Pour the hot glaze over the carrots and toss gently to coat. Spoon the carrots and glaze into a serving bowl. Sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve warm.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Steam
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy side dish, side dish recipe, side dish, carrot recipes, holiday recipes, Thanksgiving recipes