A Dark And Stormy Rum Cocktail is a very masculine drink that’s refreshing and full of flavor. The ‘dark’ comes from the black rum and the stormy comes from the ginger beer. It’s similar to a Moscow Mule, but using rum instead of vodka.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
The Dark And Stormy Rum Cocktail originated in Bermuda after WWI when the son of the owner of Gosling’s Black Seal Rum joined forces with Barrett’s Ginger Beer to market their products. The cocktail was a big hit with sailors and visitors to the island.
VARIATIONS OF THIS COCKTAIL
- Dark & Stormy Orchard – dark rum, ginger beer, and apple cider
- Fall Dark & Stormy – bourbon, apple cider, lemon juice, and ginger beer
- Rum Buck – dark rum, ginger beer, simple syrup, lime juice
- Dark & Stormy Peach – dark rum, ginger beer, and peach nectar
MORE COCKTAIL IDEAS:
Why not make a few munchies to go along with your cocktail?
- Classic Pimento Cheese
- Goat Cheese Caprese Bruschetta
- Glazed Bacon Wrapped Onion Rings
- Crispy Spicy Roasted Chick Peas
DARK AND STORMY RUM COCKTAIL
- Total Time: 3 minutes
- Yield: Serves 1
This Dark And Stormy Rum Cocktail is a masculine drink that is refreshing and not too sweet. Made with only three ingredients, it’s as easy as it is tasty.
2 ounces dark rum (I used Captain Morgan’s Black Jamaican Rum)
3 ounces ginger beer
Twist of fresh lime
Lime slice as a garnish
Fill a large highball glass with ice cubes.
Pour in the rum.
Add the ginger beer and twist of lime.
Stir with a bar spoon and garnish with lime slices.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Category: Starters - Cocktails
- Method: Stir
- Cuisine: Tropical
Keywords: dark and stormy rum cocktail, cocktail recipes, rum recipes, ginger beer, happy hour, game day
2 thoughts on “DARK AND STORMY RUM COCKTAIL”