Sweet, fruity, and packing a dangerous punch, this classic tropical cocktail is a perfect way to end a warm, sunny day. One sip will make you feel like you’ve got your toes in the warm sand.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
This is the drink that evokes memories of Bahamian resorts, family cruises in the Caribbean, and Nicaraguan beach bars. It tastes like summer and happiness to me. It is smooth and tastes weaker than it actually is. There are 3 ounces of booze in this baby.
WHERE AND WHEN WAS SEX ON THE BEACH COCKTAIL MADE?
There are a lot of different stories on where and when this cocktail was developed. But the one that I have heard most often is that in the late 1980’s a Fort Lauderdale bar entered into a peach schnapps contest and had to sell more schnapps than any other bar. So, to win, their bartender developed the fruity libation and gave it the seductive, comical name to entice party-goers. Needless to say, he won.
VARIATIONS TO THIS RECIPE
There are as many variations to this recipe as there are bars.
- Many versions use either grapefruit juice or pineapple juice to replace the orange juice.
- Creme De Cassis, Chambord, or even Grenadine are often used in addition to the peach schnapps.
- To cut some of the sweetness, a tablespoon of lemon juice may be added.
EQUIPMENT I USED IN MAKING THIS RECIPE
- Stainless Steel 24 Ounce Cocktail Shaker Bar Set with Measuring Jigger and Mixing Spoon – pretty, functional, and kinda fun to play with.
- 8″ Long Stainless Steel Cocktail Muddlers by HQY, Muddler – better than wood and you can toss it into the dishwasher.
- Collins Slim Water Beverage Glasses, 10 Ounce – Set of 6
Why not make yourself a tropical beach party – even if you’re on your back porch or it’s raining outside? Grilled Piri Piri Chicken, Rosemary, Garlic Grilled Vegetables, and a French White Bean Salad make for a delicious, summery meal that goes beautifully with your Sex On The Beach cocktail!Print
This classic tropical cocktail is sweet, fruity, and deceptively strong. It is a lovely addition to your beach party, girl’s night out, or backyard, summer barbecue.
2 ounces vodka
1 ounce peach schnapps
2 ounces orange juice
2 ounces cranberry juice
Orange slices for garnish
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour in the vodka, schnapps, orange juice, and cranberry juice. Shake vigorously until the outside of the shaker is icy cold. Strain into a tall glass and garnish with an orange slice. Enjoy.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Starters - Cocktails
- Method: Shake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: classic tropical cocktail, classic cocktails, summer drinks, fruity cocktails, girl's night out, happy hour cocktails,