This cool and creamy dessert martini tastes like a boozy pumpkin pie. It incorporates all of the flavors in the pie version: pumpkin, vanilla, cream, and pumpkin pie spice. The vodka is just a decadent bonus!
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
A pumpkin pie martini is the dessert martini that will take you from the first day of Autumn all the way through Thanksgiving. It is that good.
Sweet from the maple syrup, but not cloyingly so. The drink is spicy with hints of cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and ginger. It is creamy from the half and half and the pumpkin puree adds flavor and thickness to the drink.
TIPS FOR THE PERFECT PUMPKIN PIE MARTINI
- Be sure to use canned pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie mix. The mix will be too sweet for the drink.
- Real maple syrup, not the pancake syrup, brings a much better flavor to the drink.
- You are going to want to shake the liquid in the shaker with ice for a good 30 seconds or until the outside of the shaker is freezing cold. This will incorporate the spices and flavors throughout the liquid.
- Play with the garnishes. I like dusting with additional pumpkin pie spice and a dollop of whipped cream, but try rimming the glass with brown sugar mixed with cinnamon or add a cinnamon stick as a stirrer.
- Experiment with different liquors or flavored vodkas. Vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, or whipped cream vodka would add another layer of flavor. You might also experiment with rum, Fireball, or even whiskey.
TOOLS THAT I USE TO MAKE MY PUMPKIN PIE MARTINI
- OXO SteeL Double Jigger – I love that it has two sizes in one tool.
- Fiesta 24 oz Cocktail Shaker – because, well it’s Fiesta brand and it’s turquoise.
- Classic Martini Glasses -Set of 6 (10 Ounce) – Classic glasses that are pretty and you won’t be heartbroken if one breaks.
If you liked this cocktail, may I suggest that you try a few other of my favorite libations:Print
A classic dessert martini that tastes just like pumpkin pie in a glass with a bit of vodka. It is a perfect end to a great Autumn meal.
1 shot vodka (the small end of a jigger)
3 tablespoons half and half
1 tablespoon canned pure pumpkin puree
1 – 2 tablespoon(s) maple syrup, to taste
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, more for dusting the top of the drink
1 tablespoon whipped cream
In a martini shaker filled with ice, combine the vodka, half and half, pumpkin puree, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, vanilla extract, and ⅛ teaspoon of the pumpkin pie spice. Shake vigorously. Using a teaspoon, taste for sweetness and if needed, add the other 1 tablespoon maple syrup. Shake again until very cold on the outside of the shaker. Strain into a martini glass.
Sprinkle the pumpkin pie spice on top of the liquid and float a tablespoon on whipped cream.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Starters-Cocktails
- Method: Shake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: dessert martini, pumpkin pie spice, Autumn cocktails, martinis,