Maybe you’ve noticed the explosion of cotton candy pink lately? Thanks to the new Barbie movie, pink is everywhere, and groups of women (and sometimes little girls) are planning a girl’s night out to see it. Why not start off the evening with Barbie’s Chocolate Covered Strawberry Martini? It’s cold, creamy, and goes down way too smoothly!
Honestly, I’m not sure I will run out and see the Barbie Movie at the theaters, but I don’t want FOMO either. So to be in with the cool kids, I’m enjoying some pretty pink cocktails in honor of all the ladies headed out to see it. This drink is the perfect ‘Girl’s Night’ libation.
- Magic shell chocolate syrup – this will be used to rim the glass and get the pretty drips down the sides. It’s incredibly easy to make at home with 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil that you melt on low in the microwave in 30-second intervals until smooth.
- Vodka – if you like very sweet drinks, you could use strawberry vodka, vanilla vodka, or whipped cream vodka.
- Clear creme de cacao – don’t use the dark or you’ll have a muddy, dark drink instead of Barbie pink.
- Strawberry & Cream Baily’s liquor – this provides strawberry flavor and sweetness.
- White chocolate syrup – I used Ghiradelli.
- Strawberry puree – you can buy it or make it yourself by adding 2 cups of strawberries, 2 tablespoons of sugar, and ½ teaspoon of lemon juice to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Pink food coloring – completely optional, but I wanted the vibrant Barbie pink, so I used one drop of gel food coloring.
- Fresh strawberries – sliced as a garnish.
Steps To Make This Recipe
Yep, you know this is an easy one. Ready?
- Drizzle Magic Shell syrup around the rim of the glass and allow it to drip down the sides.
- Pour everything into a cocktail shaker with ice and shake until icy cold.
- Strain the liquid into your glass and garnish with a sliced strawberry.
More Pink Cocktails To Consider
- Copycat Pump-tini
- Cherry Chili Lime Margarita
- Strawberry Moscow Mule
- Pomegranate Martini
- Strawberry Shortcake Martini
- Cosmopolitan Martini
Why not start off a Barbie movie evening with Barbie’s Chocolate Covered Strawberry Martini? It’s cold, creamy, and goes down way too smoothly!
Magic Shell Chocolate syrup to rim the glass
2 ounces vodka
2 ounces clear creme de cacao
2 ounces Strawberry & Cream Bailey’s
1 ounce white chocolate syrup
1 ounce strawberry puree
1 drop pink food coloring, optional
1 strawberry, sliced, as garnish
Rim the glass.
Slowly pour the Magic Shell around the rim of a martini glass and allow it to drip down both sides. Set aside to harden.
Make the cocktail.
Add the ice, vodka, creme de cacao, Bailey’s, white chocolate syrup, strawberry puree, and food coloring in a cocktail shaker.
Shake vigorously until the outside of the shaker is icy cold.
Strain the liquid into the chocolate-rimmed glass.
Garnish with a sliced strawberry.
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Category: Starters – Cocktails
- Method: Shake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Barbie movie, Barbie’s Chocolate Covered Strawberry Martini, cocktail recipes, cocktails, vodka, strawberry cocktails, pink drinks, chocolate covered strawberries