The food trend continues! Avocado Strawberry Toast is the food trend that deserves to be a breakfast staple! It has everything – crunchy toast, buttery, mashed avocado, tangy balsamic vinegar, and sweet strawberries. It’s perfection as a light, delicious breakfast, lunch, or snack!
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
If you’re a stranger to avocado toast, first I have to ask, “where have you been the last few years?’ and next, tell you that you’re in for a treat!
Tips For Making Perfect Avocado Strawberry Toast
- Pick ripe avocados – look for avocados that give to gentle pressure. They should not be mushy and the inside should be bright green. Discard the avocado if the inside is stringy or brown. If you have a brown spot or two, no worries, simply scoop out the bruised part and discard it.
- Use really good bread and toast it well. I like using a crusty sourdough for avocado strawberry toast. The tanginess of the sourdough is lovely paired with the creamy avocado. Toasting the bread gives a sturdy base for the avocado and offers an interesting texture variation.
- Mash your avocado in a bowl instead of on the toast, and be sure to season it well. If you mash the avocado on the bread, too much moisture from the avocado will make your toast soggy.
- Use a balsamic vinegar that you enjoy. You don’t need the fancy aged balsamic for this recipe, but if that’s what you have on hand, then use it!
- Crusty bread – Italian, sourdough, Jewish rye – any crusty bread will work. You want to have generous slices and toast them well.
- Avocado – 1 small per person or half of a large avocado. Scoop the flesh out of the shell and mash it in a bowl before slathering it on top of your toast.
- Salt and pepper
- Strawberries – buy ripe berries and slice them into thick slices.
- Balsamic vinegar – there is something about the way balsamic vinegar brings out the sweetness of the strawberries. It’s such a simple combination that feels so fancy!
- Poppy seeds – these add a bit of texture and look pretty. You could use flaxseed, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, or none at all.
- Mint sprig as a garnish.
- Fresh basil goes beautifully with both the strawberries and the balsamic vinegar. It lends a nice herb flavor to the toast.
- Go more savory. Rub garlic cloves over the toast before spooning the avocado on top.
- Season your mashed avocado with different spices. Cumin and chili powder will give it a Tex-Mex flavor. Cayenne pepper adds heat. Lime or lemon juice will provide a lovely citrus kick.
- Bump up the fruit by adding a few chopped blueberries to the sliced strawberries.
Check out these recipes for more healthy breakfast ideas:
- Vanilla Blueberry Chia Seed Breakfast Pudding
- Peach Pie Smoothie
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- High Fiber Banana Almond Smoothie
- Sweet Green Smoothie
- Dragonfruit Smoothie Bowl
- Fruit And Honey Irish Oatmeal
- Overnight Banana Nut Oatmeal
- Fruit And Nut Granola
- Homemade Cherry Vanilla Granola
- Broccoli And Cheese Egg Muffins
- French-Style Scrambled Eggs
Avocado Strawberry Toast
- Total Time: 8 minutes
- Yield: Serves 1
The food trend continues! Avocado Strawberry Toast is the food trend that deserves to be a
Breakfast staple! It has everything – crunchy toast, buttery, mashed avocado, tangy balsamic vinegar, and sweet strawberries. It’s perfection as a light, delicious breakfast, lunch, or snack!
1 slice crusty sourdough bread
1 small ripe avocado
Pinch of salt and pepper
½ cup sliced strawberries
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
¼ teaspoon poppy seeds
Mint sprig as garnish
Toast the bread to your desired crustiness.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mash the avocado until smooth. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Spread the mashed avocado over the toast.
In another small bowl, toss the sliced strawberries with balsamic vinegar.
Spoon the berries over the avocado on the toast.
Sprinkle with poppy seeds and garnish with a sprig of mint.
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Mash
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: avocado strawberry toast, avocado toasts, healthy breakfast, mashed avocado, balsamic strawberries, healthy breakfast recipes, food trends