Is there anything better than a breakfast that tastes like dessert and is still healthy? This peach pie smoothie has all the flavors of a peach pie, minus the sugar and the crust. Why not make one for Mom on her special day?
I love a healthy smoothie on a day where I know that I’m going to be overindulging in great food and probably some alcohol. Smoothies are a great way to bump up your nutrition, fill you up so you don’t overdo it too much, and provide some much-needed hydration.
WHAT DO I NEED FOR THIS RECIPE?
- Milk – I like using almond milk, but any nut milk, oat milk, or dairy will work.
- Yogurt – Greek yogurt adds a boost of protein and thickness.
- Peaches and bananas – frozen so the smoothie isn’t watered down with ice.
- Vanilla, almond extract, and cinnamon – this is what gives the peach pie flavor
- Sweetener – I like using honey, but stevia, maple syrup, agave syrup, superfine sugar, pureed dates or date sugar, or brown rice syrup all work well. Be sure to taste your smoothie before adding too much sweetener as the fruit may be all you need.
- Make a Peach Melba smoothie by replacing the bananas with frozen raspberries
- Almond butter adds even more protein and enhances the flavor
- ¼ cup of rolled oats will add fiber
- If you miss the ‘crust’ of the pie, break up a shortbread cookie into your smoothie just before serving.
MORE SMOOTHIE RECIPES
- Sweet Green Smoothie
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowl
- High Fiber Banana Almond Smoothie
Surprise Mom on her special day with an easy, healthy smoothie that tastes like dessert! This Peach Pie Smoothie makes being healthy simple!
¾ cup vanilla almond milk
½ cup Greek yogurt – vanilla or peach
1 cup frozen peaches
½ cup frozen bananas
¼ teaspoon vanilla
⅛ teaspoon almond extract
⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons honey or sweetener of choice
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peach pie smoothie, smoothie recipes, smoothies, healthy breakfast, peaches, easy breakfast, Mother's Day