A smoothie recipe is a delicious way to power you through the morning. It is loaded with antioxidants and vitamins, full of fiber, and high in protein. It’s like a yummy, perfect food served in a glass.
Okay, I must admit that I am fully on the pumpkin spice bandwagon. I love it..well, in most things. The pumpkin spice Spam, I don’t understand that at all! Have you seen that product? I can’t bring myself to even taste it.
But lattes, ice cream, donuts, cookies, sign me up! And pumpkin spice screams Thanksgiving flavors. I love it. It’s festive. So, when you need a quick breakfast on thanksgiving morning, but don’t want to ruin your appetite for the big holiday meal, this smoothie recipe is the perfect solution!
This smoothie recipe has everything you need – protein from the yogurt and milk; fiber, vitamins, and anti-oxidants from the banana and pumpkin. It fills you up just enough to be satisfying and will fuel your body to get you through the holiday activities.
VARIATIONS TO THE PUMPKIN PIE SMOOTHIE
- Instead of pumpkin pie spice, use ½ teaspoon of cinnamon, or a mixture of ginger, nutmeg, and cloves to taste.
- Want to cut the fat? Use skim milk, 2% milk or even nut milk. You can also swap out full-fat Greek yogurt for low or non-fat.
- Not a fan of banana? Add in ½ cup of applesauce, apple butter, or additional pumpkin puree.
ITEMS YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THIS PUMPKIN PIE SMOOTHIE
- Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Measuring Cup – use this in the microwave and put it in the dishwasher.
- Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons-6 Piece – I love the long, rectangle design. They even fit into small spice jars.
- Cuisinart Smart Stick 2 Speed Hand Blender – If you only have so much room for kitchen gadgets, this one is one to make room for. I blend smoothies, soups, salad dressings, and the list goes on and on.
- Thunder Group Stainless Steel Milkshake Tumblers, Set of 6, 30 Ounces – no more spillage when blending a smoothie, or a milkshake, or an adult libation.
- 16-ounce MASON JAR MUGS with Stainless Steel Lids and Straws and Straw Cleaning Brush (Set of 4) – these are fun and too adorable not to enjoy.
If you are looking for something a bit heartier for breakfast, give these recipes a try:
- French Style Scrambled Eggs
- Homemade Cherry Vanilla Granola
- Strawberry and Cream Crepes
- Dragonfruit Smoothie Bowl
This delicious smoothie recipe is perfect for a Thanksgiving breakfast when you need to fuel and nourish your body, but don’t want to eat anything heavy. We need to save that room for the big holiday meal?
1 large banana – sliced and frozen
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
1/4 cup whole milk
1–2 tablespoons maple syrup (depending on your preference . I use 1 tablespoon for a breakfast smoothie)
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup crushed ice
whipped cream (optional) – for serving
cinnamon – for dusting
2 crushed vanilla wafers (optional)
Blend everything together until smooth.
Pour into two cups.
Top with whipped cream, sprinkle with crushed cookies and dust with cinnamon.
Serve and enjoy immediately.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American