Overnight Banana Nut Oatmeal is a healthy, tasty, ready-to-go breakfast that you can feel good giving to your family.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
I’ve discovered that I want and need easy, quick meals for breakfast. Unfortunately, all too often that is a processed protein bar or worse yet, a cookie or donut.
But having a jar of overnight oats in the fridge makes it easy to start the day off on the right foot. These oats are sweet, creamy, and crunchy from the nuts. I actually look forward to eating a jar of them in the morning.
WHAT DO I NEED FOR THIS RECIPE?
- Old fashioned rolled oats. Don’t use instant in the little packet or steel-cut oats. They absorb liquid differently.
- Fruit. Bananas, very ripe, work the best. You’re going to mash one to mix into the oats and one to slice on top.
- Greek yogurt. I like using plain so that I can control the sweetness, but flavored works just as well. It also adds a little protein.
- Milk. Nut milk, oat milk, or cow’s milk. It’s really your choice.
- Honey for sweetness. Maple syrup or brown sugar would also work.
- Vanilla and cinnamon for flavor
- Nuts, almonds, and walnuts for this recipe add healthy fat and crunch to the dish.
VARIATIONS ON THIS RECIPE
- Instead of plain Greek yogurt, try a flavored one. I’ve used Banana Cream Pie Greek yogurt and it’s amazing!
- Add flaxseed or chia seed to the oats for additional nutrition and fiber.
- Sliced strawberries on the top would be delicious.
- Experiment with different milks-oat milk, low-fat cow’s milk, or try chocolate milk for a different flavor.
- Any nut that you enjoy can be used as a topping. I like sliced almonds and walnuts, but pecans, cashews, or macadamias would be nice.
- Try using different spices as a flavoring. Apple pie spice or pumpkin spice make tasty additions. Also, try using almond extract or fruit extract instead of vanilla.
- Make chocolate oats by adding a teaspoon of cocoa powder.
More grab-and-go breakfast ideas:
- Stuffed French Toast Roll-Ups
- Banana Streusel Muffins
- Fruit And Nut Oatmeal Scones
- Broccoli And Cheese Egg Muffins
- Easy Sausage Kolaches
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
OVERNIGHT BANANA NUT OATMEAL
- Total Time: 10 minutes + 6 hours chilling time
- Yield: Serves 1
These overnight banana nut oatmeal are the easy, healthy grab-and-go breakfast you’ll feel good about giving to your family.
2 medium ripe bananas
½ cup rolled oats
½ cup Greek yogurt
⅓ cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tablespoon honey
¼ teaspoon vanilla
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons sliced almonds
2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
In a mason jar, mash 1 banana with a fork. Add the oats, yogurt, almond milk, honey, vanilla, and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
Screw on the lid and refrigerate overnight or at least 6 hours.
In the morning, top with 1 sliced banana, sliced almonds, and walnuts.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes + 6 hours chilling time
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stir
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: overnight banana nut oatmeal, breakfast, oatmeal, grab-and-go breakfast, healthy breakfast, bananas, walnuts, almonds
1 thought on “OVERNIGHT BANANA NUT OATMEAL”