Who says milkshakes are for kids? This boozy Irish mint shake is the Shamrock shake for adults. With three different kinds of alcohol, this cool, creamy, and minty shake is a strong one. Kick back, sip it slowly, and savor the flavor.
Forget about those ‘golden arches’. This boozy Irish mint shake is the adult copycat of the Shamrock shake you grew up drinking. It makes a delicious end to a wonderful St. Patrick’s Day full of celebration.
I mean who can pass on a boozy dessert? Not this girl.
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE NEEDED FOR A BOOZY IRISH MINT SHAKE?
- Ice cream – I like using mint chocolate chip for an extra boost of minty goodness and chocolate.
- Vodka – either vanilla vodka, cake vodka, or plain vodka
- Irish Cream Liqueur – I used Baily’s Irish Cream, but any will work beautifully
- Vanilla extract – omit if you use a flavored vodka
- Chocolate covered mint cookies – I used Thin Mints, but mint Oreos or any other chocolate mint cookies will do
- Whipped cream – I used the stuff in a can
- Fresh mint – just to make it pretty
More boozy dessert and cocktail recipes:
- King Cake Shots
- Strawberry Shortcake Martini
- Ultimate Chocolate Martini
- Espresso Irish Cream
- Harvey Wallbanger Cake
- Decadent Chocolate Bourbon Balls
A boozy Irish mint shake is a deliciously adult take on the iconic Shamrock Shake. With three different types of alcohol, this cool, creamy concoction packs a punch.
6 cups mint chocolate chip ice cream
⅓ cup vodka
⅓ cup Irish cream liqueur
½ cup creme de menthe liqueur
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Whipped cream for garnish
Mint leaves for garnish
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: Irish
Keywords: boozy Irish mint shake, boozy desserts, adult desserts, milkshakes, mint chocolate chip, ice cream, St. Patrick's Day, copycat recipes, Shamrock Shake