Even if you can’t get to NOLA for Mardi Gras, you can still celebrate at home with these King Cake Shots. They have all of the flavors of King Cake but in a cool, creamy shot. The recipe makes enough to share, so invite a couple of friends!
WHAT DO I NEED FOR THIS RECIPE?
- Vodka – both Cake flavored (or vanilla) and plain vodka
- Irish Cream Liqueur – I like Baily’s
- Cinnamon Schnapps – you could also use Fireball cinnamon whiskey
- Heavy cream
- Purple, green, and gold sugars for rimming the glass and sprinkling on top of the shot
- Whipped cream -I used the real cream in a can to get a pretty swirl
Make it a Mardi Gras Party with the following recipes:
- Southern Fried Okra
- Barbecue Bloody Marys
- Easy Dirty Rice
- Millie’s Meaty Red Beans And Rice
- Florida Gumbo
- New Orleans Muffaletta Sandwich
Celebrate Mardi Gras with these cool, creamy King Cake Shots! They have all the decadent flavors of a King Cake, but in liquid form…with alcohol!
2 ounces cake flavored vodka
1 ounce plain vodka
2 ounces Irish Cream liqueur
2 ounces cinnamon schnapps
1 ounce heavy cream
Whipped cream, as a garnish
Use a small spoon to place a teaspoon of each sugar on a small, flat plate.
Use water to moisten the rim of four shot glasses.
Dip the rim into the sugar to get a bit of each color on the rim.
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
Pour in both vodkas, the Irish Cream, cinnamon schnapps, and cream.
Shake until the outside of the shaker is icy old.
Strain evenly into the glasses.
Top each glass with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Category: Starters - Cocktails
- Method: Shake
- Cuisine: New Orleans
Keywords: king cake shots, shot recipes, Mardi Gras recipes, king cake, Fat Tuesday, vodka drinks