Just in time for your Thanksgiving celebrations, this Spicy Apple Cider Margarita has all the fall flavors you want in a holiday cocktail, plus tequila and Fireball for a spicy cinnamon note. This margarita is sure to be a favorite among your friends and family.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
I am up for a margarita at any time during the year, but they do seem to be more of a summer drink. Not this one! When you mix together apple cider with the cinnamony Fireball, you get a margarita that is perfect for the cooler Autumn weather!
- Coarse sugar – for the rim. I used turbinado sugar because I liked the brown color and flavor of the sugar, but any sugar that you have on hand will work.
- Tequila – I used Reposado, but any tequila that you enjoy will work.
- Apple cider – You could also use apple juice, but I like the dark, very flavorful taste of pressed apple cider and it works so well in the margarita.
- Fireball or cinnamon schnapps – this gives the margarita a wonderful cinnamon flavor.
- Limes – you need a wedge to moisten the rim of your margarita glass and to squeeze into the cocktail to balance out the sweetness.
- Coarse sugar – I used turbinado sugar, but granulated or brown sugar will work also.
- Apples – sliced for a garnish
- Cinamon sticks – optional, but they look so pretty.
How Do I Make This Cocktail?
Are you ready for another super easy recipe? This one is a delicious breeze!
- Combine sugar and cinnamon on a plate.
- Run a lime wedge around a margarita glass and dip the wet rim into the cinnamon sugar.
- Combine the cocktail ingredients into a shaker, fill with ice and shake vigorously.
- Strain into a pretty glass and then fill the rest of the glass with ice.
- Garnish with sliced apple and a cinnamon stick.
If you enjoyed this recipe, here are a few more suggestions:Print
Just in time for your Thanksgiving celebrations, this Spicy Apple Cider Margarita has all the fall flavors you want in a holiday cocktail, plus tequila and Fireball for a spicy cinnamon note.
For the cinnamon sugar rim:
- 1 tablespoon coarse turbinado sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
For the cocktail:
- 3 ounces Reposado Tequila
- ½ cup apple cider
- ½ ounce Fireball or cinnamon schnapps
- Splash of fresh lime juice
- Cinnamon sugar for the rim
- Sliced apple, for garnish
- Cinnamon sticks, for garnish
Make the cinnamon-sugar rim:
Combine the turbinado sugar and cinnamon on a small, flat plate. Set aside.
Take a wedge of lime and run it around the rim of a margarita glass or highball glass.
Dip the edge of the glass into the cinnamon sugar until the rim of the glass is entirely covered with the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Set aside.
For the cocktail:
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
Pour in the tequila, apple cider, Fireball, and lime juice. Shake until the outside of the cocktail shaker is icy cold.
Strain into the margarita glass.
Add ice to the glass and garnish with sliced apple and a cinnamon stick.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Starters - Cocktails
- Method: Shake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: spicy apple cider margaritas, margarita recipes, apple cider, tequila cocktails, Reposado tequila, Thanksgiving cocktails