Just in time for the Super Bowl, these quick and easy pizza rolls make for a delicious and filling appetizer. Using refrigerated pizza dough allows this recipe to come together in a snap! They’re ready in about 20 minutes, so you can whip them up during halftime!
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Our Super Bowl party this year will include a number of dips and hot appetizers that include: Cranberry Goat Cheese Flatbread, Garlicky White Bean Dip, Game Day Reuben Dip, Crispy Avocado Fingers With Spicy Lime Crema, Toasted Ravioli, Glazed Bacon Wrapped Onion Rings, Baked Brie With Honey And Pecans, and Extra Flavorful Jalapeno Poppers. This menu offers something for just about anyone.
- Flour – for rolling out the pizza dough
- Refrigerated pizza dough – I used Pillsbury brand that comes in the tubes, but you could use any raw pizza dough.
- Garlic salt – watching your sodium intake? Use granulated garlic or garlic powder instead.
- Italian seasoning
- Sliced pepperoni – I used sandwich pepperoni only because it’s bigger, but the smaller pizza pepperoni works just as well.
- Mozzarella cheese – you want to use the dry, shredded variety for this dish. Fresh mozzarella has too much moisture and your rolls will be soggy.
- Parmesan cheese – use a good quality Parmesan, not the fake stuff in the plastic shaker bottle.
- Egg – to seal the seam of the roll once it’s rolled.
- Marinara, Spaghetti, or pizza sauce – This can be homemade, jarred, bottled. Use what you have on hand or your family’s favorite.
Steps To Make This Recipe
- Unroll the pizza roll from the tube.
- Sprinkle the dough with garlic salt and Italian seasoning.
- Arrange a layer of pepperoni over the seasonings.
- Layer the cheese over the pepperoni.
- Roll the dough into a log and slice into 1-inch slices.
- Place the slices on a baking sheet and bake.
- Serve warm with marinara or pizza sauce.
Just in time for the Super Bowl, these quick and easy pizza rolls make for a delicious and filling appetizer. Using refrigerated pizza dough allows this recipe to come together in a snap!
All-purpose flour, for rolling out the pizza dough
2 tubes refrigerated pizza crust
2 teaspoons garlic salt
2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
¼ pound sliced sandwich pepperoni
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 egg, beaten
Marinara or pizza sauce for serving
Lightly dust a flat surface with flour and roll out each pizza crust.
Dust each crust with garlic salt and Italian seasoning.
Lay the pepperoni evenly over both crusts, leaving a ½-inch border around the edges.
Sprinkle the mozzarella and parmesan cheese over the pepperoni.
Starting with the short end, roll the crust into a tight log.
Use a pastry brush to brush the inside edge of the roll with the beaten egg. Lay the roll, seam side down on a flat surface.
Use a pizza cutter to slice each roll into 1-inch slices.
Place the slices on the prepared baking sheets.
Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve hot with marinara or pizza sauce for dipping.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Starters - Appetizers
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: quick and easy pizza rolls, Superbowl party, appetizer recipes, pepperoni, refrigerated pizza dough, kid-friendly recipes