An easy dessert recipe that is perfectly sweet, deliciously crunchy, and ready in less than an hour. This fruity dessert is perfect for when you just want a little something sweet.
- ½ stick salted butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups crumbled amaretti cookies or almond macaroon cookies
- 2 ½ tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 8 ripe peaches, pitted and halved lengthwise
- ¼ cup almond liqueur or dark rum
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl or ramekin, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in the microwave. Pour the melted butter into a 13×9-inch baking dish.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add 1 cup of the crumbled cookies and process until they are fine crumbs. Add the flour, brown sugar, vanilla, and the remaining 2 tablespoons of the butter. Pulse until the butter is fully incorporated. Add the egg and pulse until the mixture is smooth. Set aside.
- Prepare the peaches: Use a small spoon or a melon baller to hollow out the center of the peach so that you have a 1-inch deep cavity.
- Using a pastry brush, coat the peaches with the almond liqueur, both flesh side and skin side.
- Divide the cookie mixture evenly between the peaches. Use your fingers to gently press the filling into the cavity.
- Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of the amaretti crumbs over the filling.
- Place the peaches into the baking dish. Use the pastry brush to coat the outside skins with some of the melted butter that is in the dish.
- Bake until the filling is lightly browned and crisp – about 45 – 50 minutes. Remove the baking dish from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Serve the peaches warm or at room temperature.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint or a dollop of whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, or sweetened mascarpone cheese.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Serving Size: Serves 8