This fun take on a martini has a bright, neon green color and sweet, fruity flavor. It’s a delicious way to get a bit of Vitamin C, kill a few germs with some vodka, and survive being stuck at home.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
These days it seems like everybody is coming up with a tongue-in-cheek, adult libation to sip on as we socially isolate and deal with the uncertainty of Covid-19. Some include Vitamin C powder or lots of citrus juice. A few I saw had so much alcohol, that I’m not sure you could stay coherent after drinking one. I sure couldn’t.
For this recipe, I went for that glow-in-the-dark, neon green that looks like something out of a Sci-Fi movie. I only wish I could’ve gotten my hands on a bit of dry ice to make fog coming out of the glass. How cool would that have been?
HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED FOR THIS QUARANTINI
- Vodka. You could swap in gin or tequila as well.
- Midori, which is a melon liqueur but any green liqueur would work – like Sour Apple Schnapps or Chartreuse.
- Lemon juice or lime, orange, grapefruit juice. You’ll want to cut the sweetness of the Midori.
- Lemon/Lime soda or any type of clear soda that you enjoy
EQUIPMENT USED IN THIS RECIPE
- Stainless Steel 24 Ounce Cocktail Shaker Bar Set with Measuring Jigger and Mixing Spoon – pretty, functional, and kinda fun to play with.
- Arc International Luminarc 4 Piece Cachet Martini Glass Set, Set of 4, Clear – these glasses are pretty AND inexpensive, so when ‘THAT’ friend breaks one, it’s no big deal.
- Zak Designs 0204-9035 Citrus Melamine, 3.5″ by 3.5″, Kiwi Reamer
If you are willing to try this cocktail, you may need a legitimate one for later. This Vodka Tom Collins is refreshing and light. Or a Brazilian Caipirnha Cocktail can make you forget about a global pandemic for a while. Or cap off the evening with a sweet, chocolatey Ultimate Chocolate Martini.Print
This sweet, fruity Quarantini cocktail will make you forget the global pandemic, at least for a brief-but magical- time.
1 ounce vodka
½ ounce Green Melon Liqueur (Midori)
½ ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
Splash of lemon/lime soda, club soda, or tonic water
Combine the vodka, melon liqueur, and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker. Fill with ice and shake until the outside of the shaker becomes icy cold.
Strain into a martini glass. Top with a splash of soda and garnish with a maraschino cherry.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Category: Starters-Cocktails
- Method: Shake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: quarantini, vodka cocktails, melon liqueur, happy hour, fruity cocktails