This fun take on a martini has a bright, neon green color and sweet, fruity flavor. It’s a delicious way to get a bit of Vitamin C, kill a few germs with some vodka, and survive being stuck at home.
These days it seems like everybody is coming up with a tongue-in-cheek, adult libation to sip on as we socially isolate and deal with the uncertainty of Covid-19. Some include Vitamin C powder or lots of citrus juice. A few I saw had so much alcohol, that I’m not sure you could stay coherent after drinking one. I sure couldn’t.
For this recipe, I went for that glow-in-the-dark, neon green that looks like something out of a Sci-Fi movie. I only wish I could’ve gotten my hands on a bit of dry ice to make fog coming out of the glass. How cool would that have been?
HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED FOR THIS QUARANTINI
- Vodka. You could swap in gin or tequila as well.
- Midori, which is a melon liqueur but any green liqueur would work – like Sour Apple Schnapps or Chartreuse.
- Lemon juice or lime, orange, grapefruit juice. You’ll want to cut the sweetness of the Midori.
- Lemon/Lime soda or any type of clear soda that you enjoy
EQUIPMENT USED IN THIS RECIPE
- Stainless Steel 24 Ounce Cocktail Shaker Bar Set with Measuring Jigger and Mixing Spoon – pretty, functional, and kinda fun to play with.
- Arc International Luminarc 4 Piece Cachet Martini Glass Set, Set of 4, Clear – these glasses are pretty AND inexpensive, so when ‘THAT’ friend breaks one, it’s no big deal.
- Zak Designs 0204-9035 Citrus Melamine, 3.5″ by 3.5″, Kiwi Reamer
If you are willing to try this cocktail, you may need a legitimate one for later. This Vodka Tom Collins is refreshing and light. Or a Brazilian Caipirnha Cocktail can make you forget about a global pandemic for a while. Or cap off the evening with a sweet, chocolatey Ultimate Chocolate Martini.Print
This sweet, fruity Quarantini cocktail will make you forget the global pandemic, at least for a brief-but magical- time.
1 ounce vodka
½ ounce Green Melon Liqueur (Midori)
½ ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
Splash of lemon/lime soda, club soda, or tonic water
Combine the vodka, melon liqueur, and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker. Fill with ice and shake until the outside of the shaker becomes icy cold.
Strain into a martini glass. Top with a splash of soda and garnish with a maraschino cherry.
- Category: Starters-Cocktails
- Method: Shake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: quarantini, vodka cocktails, melon liqueur, happy hour, fruity cocktails