These Key Lime Chippers are the perfect combination of zesty, tangy citrus cookie, and creamy, smooth, white chocolate. It’s a refreshing lime treat on a summer’s day.
This recipe is all about things that I love. Cookies. I mean, who doesn’t love cookies – both making and eating them, key lime anything, and silky, white chocolate.
Key Lime Chippers, because they’re a drop cookie, they’re incredibly easy. No rolling into balls or shapes, no chilling the dough. Mix, drop, bake, and eat. Could they be any easier?
WHAT DO I NEED TO MAKE THESE COOKIES?
- Butter. Use real butter, not margarine or shortening. The butter adds a richness and a lot of flavor.
- Both granulated sugar and brown sugar – again, use both. They contribute differently to the recipe, each adding their own special nuances to the finished product.
- Egg. Self-explanatory.
- Lime extract and vanilla for flavor. If you don’t have lime extract, increase the vanilla to 1 ½ teaspoons or add a bit more lime zest.
- Key lime juice – this one is perfectly fine to use Persian limes. Key limes are more tart, which I love, but it doesn’t make a huge difference in the cookie.
- Flour, baking powder, and salt.
- White chocolate chips. Use whatever brand you like. If you have a white chocolate baking bar, you can use that – simply chop it into little chunks.
MORE DELICIOUS COOKIE RECIPES
- Chewy Almond Macaroons
- Salted Peanut Butter Cookies
- Poppy Seed Hamantaschen
- Russian Tea Cakes
- Easy Peanut Butter Cookies
- Ultimate Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies
These Key Lime Crispers are the perfect summer dessert. Full of tangy key lime flavor and creamy white chocolate chips, this drop cookie will be your new ‘go-to’ cookie recipe.
In a bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add the egg, vanilla, lime extract, lime juice, and lime zest. Mix to combine.
In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
Slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture.
Combine until all ingredients are incorporated.
Using a spatula or wooden spoon, stir in the white chocolate chips.
Use a large cookie scoop to form cookies that are the size of a walnut.
Place about 1-inch apart on the prepared baking sheets.
Bake until golden brown – about 8-10 minutes.
Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Bake
Keywords: key lime chippers, cookie recipes, key lime, white chocolate, summer recipes,