These Key Lime Chippers are the perfect combination of zesty, tangy citrus cookie, and creamy, smooth, white chocolate. It’s a refreshing lime treat on a summer’s day.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
This recipe is all about things that I love. Cookies. I mean, who doesn’t love cookies – both making and eating them, key lime anything, and silky, white chocolate.
Key Lime Chippers, because they’re a drop cookie, they’re incredibly easy. No rolling into balls or shapes, no chilling the dough. Mix, drop, bake, and eat. Could they be any easier?
WHAT DO I NEED TO MAKE THESE COOKIES?
- Butter. Use real butter, not margarine or shortening. The butter adds a richness and a lot of flavor.
- Both granulated sugar and brown sugar – again, use both. They contribute differently to the recipe, each adding their own special nuances to the finished product.
- Egg. Self-explanatory.
- Lime extract and vanilla for flavor. If you don’t have lime extract, increase the vanilla to 1 ½ teaspoons or add a bit more lime zest.
- Key lime juice – this one is perfectly fine to use Persian limes. Key limes are more tart, which I love, but it doesn’t make a huge difference in the cookie.
- Flour, baking powder, and salt.
- White chocolate chips. Use whatever brand you like. If you have a white chocolate baking bar, you can use that – simply chop it into little chunks.
MORE DELICIOUS COOKIE RECIPES
- Chewy Almond Macaroons
- Salted Peanut Butter Cookies
- Poppy Seed Hamantaschen
- Russian Tea Cakes
- Easy Peanut Butter Cookies
- Ultimate Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies
KEY LIME CHIPPERS
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 30 cookies 1x
These Key Lime Crispers are the perfect summer dessert. Full of tangy key lime flavor and creamy white chocolate chips, this drop cookie will be your new ‘go-to’ cookie recipe.
½ cup butter, room temperature
⅔ cup sugar
⅓ cup light brown sugar
1 large egg, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ teaspoon lime extract
2 teaspoons key lime juice
1 ½ teaspoon finely grated lime zest
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
¾ cup white chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat mat. Set aside.
In a bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add the egg, vanilla, lime extract, lime juice, and lime zest. Mix to combine.
In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
Slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture.
Combine until all ingredients are incorporated.
Using a spatula or wooden spoon, stir in the white chocolate chips.
Use a large cookie scoop to form cookies that are the size of a walnut.
Place about 1-inch apart on the prepared baking sheets.
Bake until golden brown – about 8-10 minutes.
Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Bake
Keywords: key lime chippers, cookie recipes, key lime, white chocolate, summer recipes,
1 thought on “KEY LIME CHIPPERS”