October is one of my favorite months – Halloween, cooler weather (even here in Florida), cute, cozy clothes, and new seasons of my favorite shows. They’re all things I look forward to, and this year is no exception. Let’s get started.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
My October Obsessions
De-frizzing my hair. Living in Florida, my hair is perpetually frizzy. I’ve tried every product available and had every salon treatment out there. Some worked okay, but many were too expensive and ultimately did more harm than good. However, these are the products that have been working well for me:
- L’Oreal 8 Second Wonder Water – this product is designed (in theory) to be a rinse between shampooing and conditioning. You leave it on for 8 seconds, rinse, and condition. It’s recommended for damaged, long hair and targets only the damaged areas of your hair without over-treating other areas. So, how did it work for me?
I’m a massive fan of this product. I followed the directions but probably left it on for 30-40 seconds instead of 8. After rinsing it out and conditioning my hair as usual, my hair was tangle-free and very easy to comb out. I used a blow dryer to dry it halfway and then allowed it to air dry. Afterward, my hair felt silky smooth, very shiny, and not heavy and flat. I don’t think it repaired my hair, but it made it more manageable and pretty. I would highly recommend it!
I’ve spent many happy, countless hours looking for new recipes, the coolest, creepiest decorations, and how to make it bigger and better than last year. After deciding on a Beetlejuice theme this year and a large order from Spirit Halloween, I could focus on fun recipes. Here are a few of my must-do favorites:
- Pizza Skulls – how cute are these little skull-shaped calzones? They’re easily made with a NordicWare Skull pan.
- Chocolate Mousse Tombstone Mini Desserts – I can’t wait to make these! Using a few purchased props like Mini plastic dessert spoon shovels, Tombstone Chocolate Mold, Mini Dessert Cups, Wilton Monster Hand Toppers make these individual desserts something special.
- Maleficent Halloween Cocktail – What’s not to love about a purple, sparkly vodka and Chambord drink?
My Favorite Kitchen Items
Yep, my new favorite things revolve around Halloween. You’re not surprised, are you?
- Halloween Skull Decor Candy Dish – This will look great on my (and your) coffee table.
- Lenox Vintage Halloween 4 Piece Dessert Plate Set -I can’t wait to use this on our Halloween dinner table!
- Tessco Witch’s Brew With Cauldron Coffee Mug (4-piece) – I’m serving a Monster Stew before Trick-Or-Treating, and these mugs will be perfect for serving!
- Halloween Knife Holder – macabre, yes, but very cool!
What I’m Wearing Or Want To Wear
My favorite guilty pleasure right now is the Real Housewives of New York. Jenna Lyons is my spirit animal. I love her easy, casual, and elegant style. I’ve spent a great deal of time and effort mimicking her impeccable look. Thanks for the inspiration, Jenna!
- Tom Ford Eyeglass Frames – I bought these to make readers with them, but when my eye doctor said that I needed glasses for both distance and reading (bifocals), I was so excited! I can wear these gorgeous frames all the time!
- Wide Leg Jeans – These fit well and are all-day comfortable. Plus, they make your legs look lean and long and aren’t high-rise mommy jeans. What’s not to love about that?
- Crisp White Button Down Bodysuit – All the elegance of a crispy white shirt, but without having to keep tucking it into your jeans.
- Cool belt – big snake buckle, leather, or snakeskin. Elegance, here we come!
What I’m Reading Or Watching
- Seven Husbands Of Evelyn Hugo Book – This is a ‘can’t put it down’ novel. Full of old Hollywood glamour and tons of drama, this book will hook you within the first chapter.
- The Housemaid Book – If you pride yourself on being able to guess plot twists, then you are in for an eye-opening experience. This novel, by Freida McFadden, will keep you guessing until the very end. It’s an easy, thrilling, page-turning book that you won’t be able to put down.
- The Haunting Of Bly Manor Mini-series (Netflix) – If you like spooky with a side of romance, this mini-series is for you! It’s about a young au pair hired to be a Governess to two kids in a huge haunted mansion. There are plot twists galore!
- The Haunting Of Hill House Mini-series (Netflix) – it’s a sequel to Bly Manor and just as wonderful! If you loved The Haunting Of Bly Manor, this is not to be missed.
Those are my October obsessions. What are you obsessed with?