The sun is out, and it’s the perfect time to introduce fresh and crisp greens into your menu. Kissed with lemon juice, salted parmesan with a hint of pepper and salt, these roasted tender asparagus will make up for the perfect summertime side dish. Trust us; your kids will fall in love with the asparagus and prefer it over a side of overly salted, mushy, and flavorless canned vegetables.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Here’s the full recipe for the delicious go-to lemon parmesan roasted Asparagus!
What You’ll Need
- Fresh asparagus – 1 pound
- Butter – melted, 2 tablespoons
- Garlic – minced, 1 teaspoon
- Parmesan cheese – grated, 4 tablespoons
- Kosher Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Black pepper – freshly grounded, ¼ teaspoon
- Lemon juice – freshly squeezed, 2 tablespoons
- Lemon – thin-sliced, 1 piece
- Start with preheating your oven up to 400°Ffor about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Take a baking pan and line it with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Lay down the stalks on the baking pan and drizzle the melted butter on top.
- Add minced garlic, lemon juice, grated parmesan, kosher salt, and pepper to the baking sheet. Toss the asparagus and make sure every stalk is glazed thoroughly.
- Place the thin lemon slices on top of the coated asparagus and slide it into the preheated oven.
- Allow it to roast for about eight to ten minutes or until the asparagus is soft and tender. The roasting time may vary as per the thickness of the stalks. Note that you don’t want the asparagus to be mushy because of over-roasting.
- Pull out the baking sheet from the oven and arrange the roasted asparagus on a flat surface dish.
- Serve hot, crispy, and tender!
Why is Asparagus a Great Addition in Your Menu?
Here are some of the countless health benefits of asparagus.
- It’s loaded with Vitamins A, E, and C. It’s also rich in vitamin K, which enables the absorption of Vitamin D.
- Asparagus has high phosphorus content, folate, and potassium, all of which enhance bone strength and growth.
- It’s an excellent natural antioxidant that detoxifies the body.
Print this recipe out and pin it to your cooking board for a healthy side dish reminder!
You can enjoy these mouth-watering lemon parmesan roasted asparagus as a light snack or make it a perfect dinner meal with some slices of herb-roasted pork loin and a hint of sweet and sour braised red cabbage recipe.
Check out more amazing sidelines, main dishes, desserts, starters, and breakfast recipes on Eats by The Beach!