A healthier take on everyone’s favorite amusement park or fair treat, these Easy Corn Dog Muffins make a quick, yet fun brunch, lunch, game day appetizer, or even a quick weeknight dinner.
Who doesn’t love a corn dog? There’s something gratifying about eating food off of a stick. But I don’t really want something deep-fried and I no longer need it on a stick. But occasionally, I still crave the delicious flavors of a corn dog.
EASY CORN DOG MUFFINS
These delicious muffins are sweet, full of cornbread goodness, and stuffed with a salty, fatty, meaty hot dog. It’s hard to stop eating them.
They’re great dipped in ketchup, but try dipping them into honey mustard or barbecue sauce. You can also top each with a small dollop of pickle relish. So delicious.
WHAT DO I NEED FOR THIS RECIPE?
Easy is the name of the game on this one. Six ingredients is all it takes.
- Cornbread mix – I use the Jiffy brand, but any mix will work. You could also make your own cornbread batter if you’re feeling ambitious.
- Brown sugar – this is optional, but if you want something that tastes more like the stuff you remember from your childhood, brown sugar is necessary.
- Eggs and milk
- Cheddar cheese – I like to grate my own, but the pre-shredded stuff works in this recipe.
- Hot dogs – this is a matter of taste. I will only eat all-beef Hebrew National, so that’s what I’m using. You use whatever you have on hand or that you enjoy.
HOW EASY ARE THEY TO MAKE?
First, use baking spray to grease a muffin tin or two. This recipe makes 18 muffins. You can do the math.
Next mix together the cornbread mix, sugar, egg, and milk. Then fold in the cheese.
Fill the muffin tins and tuck in half of a hot dog.
Finally, bake and eat. Could it get any easier?
Looking for more childhood favorites? Here are a few suggestions.
- Sloppy Joe Biscuits
- Spaghettios And Meatballs
- Pittsburgh Style Ham Barbecue Sandwich
- Easy Taco Mac And Cheese
- Easy Hot Dog Chili
- Classic Patty Melt
Still love the corndogs from your youth, but not the deep-fried fattiness? These Easy Corn Dog Muffins recreate those flavors in a healthier and easier way.
2 (8.5-ounce) boxes cornbread mix
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 ½ cups milk
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
9 all-beef hot dogs, cut in half
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray 18 cups of a 24 muffin tin with baking spray. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl, stir together the cornbread mix and brown sugar.
Whisk in the eggs and milk, and then fold the cheese into the batter.
Spoon the mixture into the greased muffin cups until they are ⅔ full.
Push one hot dog half into each cup.
Bake in the preheated oven for 14 to 18 minutes or until the cornbread is golden brown.
Serve with ketchup and/or mustard for dipping.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Category: Starters - Appetizers, Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy corn dog muffins, cornbread, corn dogs, hot dogs, appetizers, game day, breakfast, childhood classics, recipe remakes