These creepy blueberry lychee eyeball cocktails will have you enjoying the season in style. They’re not too sweet, yet very flavorful. Make a second batch without the vodka for the kids!
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Let’s face it. Halloween can be stressful. Between costume planning, candy purchasing, monitoring your children, making sure that they’re safe, being social with the other parents, and helping to keep an eye on your neighbors’ kids, it’s a lot!
One way to get through it in a fun and festive way is to sip on a ghoulish, Halloween-themed cocktail. This one is perfect! The ‘eyeballs’ that garnish the drink will creep out both the adults and kids.
- Canned lychees – you can usually find them in the Asian section of your grocery store. You can also find them online.
- Fresh blueberries
- Vodka – you could also use gin.
- Blueberry juice cocktail – Ocean Spray is the brand that I use. There are also pure blueberry juices (Knudsen) that would also work, but you may need to sweeten the drink since they don’t have any sugar in them.
- Lychee juice – use the juice that’s in the cans of lychees. You can also find lychee juice online.
- Lemon juice – use fresh lemon juice for the best flavor. Lime juice also works.
- Club soda – Lemon-lime soda can be used if you like a sweeter cocktail.
- Cocktail skewers – You will need something to skewer the ‘eyeballs’ onto. Another option is to just immerse the eyeballs into the cocktail.
How To Make Your Own Blueberry Cocktail Juice
The biggest benefit to making your own juice cocktail is being able to control what goes into it. Keep in mind that juicing fruits yourself will produce a cloudy juice, but you eliminate added sugars and preservatives.
Fruits you can use to make the juice can include apples, grapes, peaches, or for more of a citrus kick, lemon, orange, or lime.
How To Make This Recipe
- Stuff a blueberry into each lychee fruit.
- Skewer two stuffed lychee fruits onto a skewer.
- Pour all of the other ingredients into a pitcher.
- Fill glasses with ice and pour in the cocktail mixture.
- Lay the eyeball skewers on top of the cocktail glass.
For more spooky Halloween Treats:
Suggestions To Use Leftover Blueberries:
- Blueberry Dutch Pancake
- Blueberry Vanilla Chia Seed Breakfast Pudding
- Lemon Blueberry Bavarian Pancakes
Blueberry Lychee Eyeball Cocktail
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 Servings 1x
These cute blueberry lychee eyeball cocktails will have you enjoying the season in style. They’re not too sweet, yet very flavorful. Make a second batch without the vodka for the kids!
2 cans lychee fruit, reserve the juice
8 cocktail skewers
1 ½ cups vodka
3 ¼ cups blueberry juice cocktail (I used Ocean Spray), divided
1 cup lychee juice
⅓ cup lemon juice
1 ½ cups club soda
Drain the lychees and reserve the juice.
Stuff one blueberry into the hole of 16 lychee fruits. Place them into a shallow bowl.
Pour ¼ cup blueberry juice over the lychees and toss to coat each fruit in the blueberry juice. Set aside.
In a large pitcher, combine the vodka, blueberry juice, lychee juice, lemon juice, and club soda.
Fill 8 cocktail glasses with ice.
Pour the cocktail mixture over the ice.
Thread two stuffed lychee fruits onto the cocktail skewers.
Lay the skewers over the cocktail so it looks like eyeballs.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Starter – Cocktails
- Method: Stir
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: blueberry lychee eyeball cocktails, Halloween party food, Halloween recipes, Halloween cocktails, blueberry cocktails, lychee cocktails, vodka cocktails, vodka drinks, cocktail recipes