This appetizer is a ‘go-to’ recipe for when you need a quick appetizer. Smoky roasted red pepper, briny, creamy feta cheese, and just a bit of a vinegar tang rounds out this easy and delicious dip. Serve with pita chips, naan bread, or tortilla chips.
- 4 large red bell peppers
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- First, roast the red peppers. Place the peppers on a baking sheet and broil in the oven for about 2-3 minutes. Using long tongs, turn the pepper and continue broiling on the remaining sides until the pepper is charred all the way around. Remove the pan from the oven and place the peppers in a bowl with a tight fitting lid. Allow the peppers to steam for at least 10 minutes. Peel the blackened skin from the pepper. You may want to keep a few charred bits, if you like the smoky flavor. Remove the seeds and roughly chop the peppers.
- Place the roasted peppers and all of the other ingredients into a bowl of a food processor. Process until desired smoothness is achieved.
- Taste and adjust for seasonings. Is it salty enough? Spicy enough? Does it have enough tang?
- Spoon the dip into a bowl and cover tightly.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to marry.
- Serve with pita bread, crudite, naan bread, or tortilla chips.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Serving Size: 1