An easy salad recipe with fresh broccoli, scallions, bacon, raisins, and cheddar in a creamy, tangy slaw dressing.
- 5 cups raw broccoli, chopped into very small pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 5 slices of bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
For the dressing:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- In a large bowl, toss together the broccoli, onion, almonds, raisins, bacon, and cheddar cheese. Toss to combine the ingredients.
- In a small bowl, use a whisk to incorporate the mayonnaise and sugar together. Slowly add the vinegar and whisk until smooth and creamy. Pour over the vegetables and toss together until all of the vegetables are coated with the dressing.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Serve chilled.
- Serving Size: Serves 4 -6