A very easy, yet so elegant recipe that combines sweet berries and a slightly boozy whipped cream topping. Perfect for brunch or dessert.
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, sliced into quarters
- 4 Tablespoons orange liqueur, such as Grand Marnier
- ½ cup full fat sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons brandy, optional
- In a large bowl, place the washed, stemmed and quartered berries. Add the orange liqueur. Stir well and allow to macerate for 15-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the sour cream, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla, and brandy together until the sugars are dissolved.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream until it thickens to a stiff peak stage. Carefully fold in the sour cream mixture and blend well.
- To serve: spoon berries with a bit of the liqueur sauce into a small bowl. Spoon the cream mixture on top. Garnish with orange zest and a mint sprig, if desired.
- Serving Size: 1