Delicious, spicy, and caramelized chicken drumsticks that are easy to make in your oven.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (use tamari for a gluten free option)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons key lime juice (Persian limes can also be used)
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger (I like the fresh ginger paste sold in a tube in the fresh herb section of your grocery store)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic (about 1 clove)
- 2 pounds chicken drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, vinegar, lime juice, lime zest, Sriracha, honey, sesame oil, ginger, and garlic.
- Pour the marinade into a sealable bag. Add the chicken pieces, seal the bag and massage the marinade into the chicken. Place the bag into the refrigerator and allow to marinate at least one hour up to overnight. Turn the bag to evenly marinate the chicken.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, reserving the marinade.
- Place the chicken on a wire rack over a baking sheet or directly onto the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-55 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour the marinade into a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce is reduced by half.
- Brush the thickened marinade onto the chicken during the last 30 minutes, brushing on every 10 minutes until the chicken is done and has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the oven. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and allow the meat to rest for 10 minutes.
I don’t think you’ll have leftovers, but if you do they will keep well in your refrigerator for up to 4 days. You can reheat them in the microwave at 50% power – but they are awesome cold!
- Serving Size: Serves 4 - 6