This quick and easy side dish is savory, salty, and flavorful. By roasting the asparagus, you mellow out the astringent flavor of the asparagus.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Add the asparagus to the baking sheet. Pour over the melted butter and sprinkle with the garlic, parmesan cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Toss to coat the asparagus. Lay the slices of lemon on top.
- Roast in the oven for 8 – 10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the asparagus, until the asparagus is tender, but not mushy.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.
- Serving Size: Serves 4