With the New Year comes a desire for healthier eating. This Fruit And Nut Winter Salad is a delicious, healthy way to get more fruits and vegetables into your diet. With a quick and easy, homemade balsamic dressing, this is a salad that the whole family will love.
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large garlic clove, very finely minced
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
For the salad:
- ½ cup toasted pecan halves
- 10-ounce bag baby spinach
- 2 cups baby mesclun salad mix
- 1 ripe pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 green apple, cored and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup dried cranberries (I used orange flavored Craisins)
- 8-ounce block herbed feta cheese, crumbled
Make the dressing:
Combine all the ingredients in a half-quart mason jar or large measuring cup. With a whisk or an immersion blender combine until the mixture has thickened and is emulsified. Cover and chill until needed.
For the salad:
In a large salad bowl, toss together all of the ingredients.
Spoon ¼ cup of the dressing on top of the salad. Toss to coat completely.
Serve immediately with additional dressing on the side.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Starter - Salads
- Method: Whisk and Toss
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: fruit and nut winter salad, salad recipes, farm to table, local produce, recipes using local produce, healthy recipes, vegetarian, light lunch, easy weeknight meals,