This is a quick and easy side dish recipe that takes full delicious advantage of seasonal sugar snap peas. Sweet, tender-crisp, and fresh tasting, this recipe is ready in less than 20 minutes.
- 1 ½ pounds sugar snap peas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch sugar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Remove the strings from the sugar snap pods. Cut off the stem end and pull the string down the back of the pod. Set aside.
- In a large saute pan or skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the snap peas to the skillet.
- Sprinkle the salt, pepper, sugar, garlic powder, and onion powder over the peas. Toss the peas to coat each with seasonings and butter.
- Saute, tossing often for 3 to 5 minutes until the pods are bright green and crisp tender. I like to stop tossing for the last minute to allow the bottom few to brown just a little. Don’t overcook the peas. You want them to retain both their green color and crispness.
- Serve warm.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Serving Size: 1