A quick cookie recipe that has only 5 ingredients and takes 15 minutes. Velteety, soft, and full of peanut butter flavor, this easy recipe is perfect as an after school snack.
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, optional, to dip fork into before flattening cookies
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpat mats and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the peanut butter, powdered sugar, cornstarch, egg, and vanilla until fully combined. The dough will be thick, like fudge.
- Drop the dough in rounded tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Use a fork, dipped in granulated sugar, if desired, to slightly flatten the cookies, making a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 – 12 minutes until very lightly browned on the edges.
- Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days. (but they won’t last that long)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving Size: 1