This creamy matcha lychee ice cream is an easy, exotic dessert Cool, with the tropical flavors of matcha green tea and lychees.
- 1 can lychees in heavy syrup, drained (save syrup and use in a lychee martini. Try this one – delicious!)
- 1 cup full fat canned coconut milk, chilled
- 2 cups heavy cream, very cold
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons matcha green tea powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Shaved or grated chocolate, as a garnish
- Drain the canned lychees. Save the lychee syrup for use in another recipe. Chop fruit into small pieces and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, heavy cream and sugar until sugar is completely dissolved. Add in the matcha green tea powder and vanilla. Stir in the lychees. Chill this mixture for at least an hour.
- Pour chilled mixture into your ice cream maker, and process according to the ice cream maker’s directions until frozen.
- Scrape the ice cream into a freezer safe container, cover and freeze until ready to use.
- For serving, use ice cream scoop and scoop into dish. Sprinkle grated chocolate on top. Enjoy.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Freeze
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: creamy matcha green tea lychee ice cream, ice cream recipes, easy desserts, Asian desserts