Baked Parmesan Scallops are an easy, yet elegant, appetizer or dinner entree that’s perfect for holidays or special occasions. Garlic and herb butter and a blend of Italian cheeses lend tons of flavor!
For the herb butter
- ¼ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- ½ teaspoon fresh rosemary, very finely minced
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely minced
For the scallops
- 1 pound large sea scallops
- ⅓ cup freshly grated Parmesan-Reggiano cheese
- ⅓ cup freshly grated fontina, asiago, or an Italian blend cheese
Make the herb butter.
In a small bowl, cream the butter together with the garlic and fresh herbs until well combined. Set aside.
For the scallops:
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
In a small bowl, toss together the parmesan and grated fontina cheese.
Rinse scallop under cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
Place one scallop in the bottom of a food-safe scallop shell.
Place a ½ – 1 teaspoon of the garlic butter alongside the scallop.
Sprinkle a heaping teaspoonful of the cheese mixture over the scallop.
Place the shells onto a rimmed baking sheet.
Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, depending on the size of the scallops, or until the scallop just turns opaque white.
Remove from oven and serve in the shells.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Main Dish - Seafood
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baked Parmesan scallops, scallop recipes, seafood, scallops, baked scallops, appetizers