This easy cocktail recipe is the perfect sweet, boozy dessert martini. Martini purists will claim that this creamy, chocolatey drink isn’t really a martini, but I can attest that it will satisfy any sweet tooth or chocolate craving you may have. It is delicious, but be careful – it packs a punch.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Chocolate milk was a favorite evening treat when I was a child. As an adult, that habit hasn’t changed much, but now I want my ‘chocolate milk’ to have a little kick.
WHAT DO I NEED TO MAKE THIS EASY COCKTAIL RECIPE?
- Vodka. I like using vanilla vodka for sweetness and the vanilla flavor. It tastes smoother than plain vodka.
- Chocolate liquor. This is what will give the drink a velvety, creamy chocolate flavor.
- Creme de cacao. This differs from the chocolate liquor because it is less sweet and has a deeper chocolate flavor. This will add even more chocolate flavor to the drink without adding additional sweetness.
- Frangelico. I can’t describe the flavor that this brings to the drink. Frangelico is a hazelnut liqueur that is sweet and flavored with vanilla and cocoa beans. Think of a thick layer of chocolate coating a hazelnut center. Now you understand what this Italian liqueur brings to the drink.
- Baily’s Irish Cream. This adds the creaminess, plus a hint of coffee to compliment the chocolate.
- Chocolate shavings. I like using a few curls of milk chocolate. It looks pretty and adds more creaminess.
Feeling inspired for cocktail time? Here are a few more libations to try:
EQUIPMENT TO MAKE THE ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE MARTINI
- OXO SteeL Double Jigger – I love that it has two sizes in one tool.
- Fiesta 24 oz Cocktail Shaker – because, well it’s Fiesta brand and it’s turquoise.
- Classic Martini Glasses -Set of 6 (10 Ounce) – Classic glasses that are pretty and you won’t be heartbroken if one breaks.
THE ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE MARTINI
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 cocktails 1x
This easy cocktail recipe is smooth, creamy, and chocolatey. This dessert martini is the perfect dessert libation.
5 tablespoons Vanilla vodka
¼ cup Chocolate liquor, I used Godiva
2 tablespoons Creme de cacao, light or dark will work
2 tablespoons Frangelico
2 tablespoons Bailey’s Irish Cream
Chocolate shavings, as needed for garnish
First, place your glasses into the freezer for an hour or so to get them nicely chilled.
Fill the cocktail shaker with ice. Add the vodka, chocolate liqueur, creme de cacao, Frangelico, and Irish Cream.
Cover and shake until the outside of the shaker is ice cold.
Remove the glasses from the freezer.
Strain the mixture into the glasses.
Top each glass with chocolate shavings.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Starters-Cocktails
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy cocktail recipes, martini recipes, chocolate martini, Frangelico cocktails, Frangelico, Irish cream, cocktail recipes, dessert martinis