These delectable cinnamon roll pancakes are the ideal accompaniment to a refreshing cup of tea on a lazy summer morning. Is there anything better than starting your day with these delicious cinnamon roll pancakes? We don’t think so. This recipe is the perfect combination of a breakfast pastry, pancakes, and cream cheese glaze!
Here’s the full recipe for the perfect breakfast.
What You’ll Need
To make the Cinnamon Swirl
- Butter – 4 tbsp., melted
- Brown sugar – 6 tbsp.
- Cinnamon powder – ½ tsp.
- Vanilla essence – ¼ tsp.
To make the Cream Cheese Frost
- Butter – 4 tbsps., room temperature
- Cream cheese – 2 ounces, room temperature
- Powdered or caster sugar – ¾ cup
- Vanilla essence – ½ teaspoon
To Make the Pancakes
- Flour – 1 cup
- Baking powder – 2 tsp.
- Salt – ½ tsp.
- Buttermilk – 1 cup
- Egg – 1 whole, beaten
- Vegetable oil – 1 tbsp.
Directions to Cook
- For the cinnamon swirl, mix the brown sugar, butter, vanilla essence, and cinnamon powder in a medium-sized bowl and spoon it into an airtight ziplock bag. Set it aside.
- To whip up a delicious cream cheese glaze, melt some butter in a pot over low heat.
- Remove the pot from heat and add cream cheese at room temperature. Stir until the melted butter and cream cheese have thoroughly combined. Then add vanilla essence and caster sugar to the pot and keep whisking until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- For the pancakes, preheat a large skillet at medium-low temperature. Make sure the skillet is non-stick or grease it with cooking oil before adding the pancake batter.
- Take a scoop-full of pancake batter and pour it onto the skillet. You can use an ice cream scoop for equal measurements.
- Spread the pancake batter in a fine round shape using the back of a spatula.
- Take a zip-locked cinnamon swirl baggie and cut off a small corner at one end to squeeze the swirl on the pancake.
- When you begin to see bubbles on the surface of the pancake, drizzle the swirl on top in an annular pattern.
- Allow the pancake to cook for another three to four minutes and then flip on the other side.
- When the other side of the pancake is cooked (after about three minutes), dish it onto a large plate with the swirl side up.
- Repeat steps 5 to 10 for the remaining pancake batter and keep the cinnamon roll pancakes fresh and warm in a preheated oven at 200 degrees.
- When all the pancakes are ready, trickle the sweet cream cheese glaze over the pancakes and serve warm.
Want to try more mouthwatering recipes to kick-start your lazy quarantine days? Browse through our breakfast recipes online!
For more cooking tips and recipes, follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Have suggestions? Get in touch with us today!