If you know of a better way to get your kids to munch on fresh, raw broccoli, enlighten us.
We are waiting.
Got nothing? Then allow us to brag about this divine beauty: our creamy broccoli salad recipe. It’s an easy-to-make salad that goes well with everyone’s tastebuds because of its unique combination of ingredients. Fresh raw broccoli combined with crispy bacon, dry fruits, and cheddar cheese makes this homemade creamy slaw “just ah-mazing!”
The recipe explained ahead will only fulfil your cravings. If you’re going to make for two, three, or more persons, check out serving sizes here!
Ingredients for the Salad
- Raw broccoli: 5 cups, chopped into small pieces
- Red onion: 1/4thcup, chopped
- Almonds: 1/4thcup, chopped
- Raisins: 1 ½ cup
- Bacon: 10 slices, cooked, crispy, and smashed
- Cheddar cheese: 1 ½ cup, shredded
Ingredients for the Dressing
- Mayonnaise: 2 cups
- Sugar:1/2 cup, granulated
- Apple cider vinegar: 6 tbsps.
Directions to Make
- Add chopped broccoli, chopped red onions, almonds, shredded cheese, crumbled bacon, and raisins in a large bowl and toss it to mix well all the ingredients.
- Combine sugar and mayonnaise in another small bowl and whisk them using an eggbeater. Keep doing until both ingredients are well incorporated.
- Now slowly add apple cider vinegar to the bowl and whisk again until the mixture looks fluffy and smooth.
- Pour the vinegar, sugar, and mayonnaise dressing over the mixed vegetables, dry fruits, bacon, and cheese. Toss it or mix it using a spoon and make sure everything is covered in dressing.
- Wrap the bowl using a plastic sheet and place it in the refrigerator for a minimum of 60 minutes.
- Ready to be served. Enjoy!
Serve this with burgers, roasted chicken, barbequed beef, or grilled shrimps for a flavour-burst. You can even toss inroasted almonds, cashew nuts,sunflower seeds, chopped fresh apple, or shredded goat cheese to tuck in this salad with gusto.
Want to pin this recipe to your cooking board? Print it here!
For more delicious salad recipes, head over to the side dishes section at our online food blog Eats By The Beach. We have a wide range of simple, yet mouth-watering recipes for breakfast, starters, main dishes, and desserts. Do you have any queries, suggestions, or new recipes? Reach to us today!
Find out Steakhouse creamed spinach recipeYum