Delicious and aromatic appetizers have the power to wake you up and dive in for a hearty meal with friends or set you in the mood for a dinner date. If you’re looking for an appetizer that delivers a burst of flavor in your mouth, here’s our all-time favorite extra flavorful jalapeno poppers recipe just for you!
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
What You’ll Need
- Fresh jalapenos: 10 – 12, halved vertically, and seeded
- Cream cheese: 8 ounces, softened
- cheddar cheese: 1 cup, shredded
- Monterey Jack cheese: 1 cup, shredded
- Green onions: 1, finely chopped
- Salt: ¼ tsp
- Garlic powder: ¼ tsp
- Chili powder: ¼ tsp
- Cumin: ¼ tsp
- Bacon: 10 – 12, thin sliced
- Brown sugar: 3 tbsp
- Ranch dressing for the dip
- Put the jalapenos on a cutting board and cut them into halves vertically. Cut off the stem, and spoon out any veins and seeds inside the jalapenos.
- Place a piece of foil on to a large baking pan and keep it aside.
- Allow the oven preheat at 400 Fahrenheit.
- Take a large mixing bowl and add cheddar cheese, cream cheese, Monterey jack cheese, green onions, garlic powder and other spices in it. When the cheese filling is mixed well, start with filling process.
- Take one jalapeno half, fill it with the delicious cheese filling, and wrap the juicy pink bacon slice around it. Repeat this with all other jalapeno halves. If you feel like the bacon wrap will come off or it’s loose, poke each jalapeño with a toothpick to secure the bacon slice.
- Take another bowl and combine brown sugar and ¼ tsp of chili powder. Mix it well and coat a layer of this mixture on each cheese filled bacon wrapped jalapeno. Keep arranging the jalapenos on the foil-lined baking pan one by one.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven and let the jalapenos bake for no more than 20 to 25 minutes. When the jalapenos begin to look soft and bacon looks crispy and brown on its edges, take the pan out of the oven, and let the poppers rest on it in room temperature for ten minutes.
- Serve them on a beautiful platter and you’re done!
That was quick and easy, right? Read more on how you can pick the best jalapenos to make these jalapenos extra flavorful!
For more such simple, quick, easy, yet mouth-watering appetizer recipes check out our breakfast recipes online at Eats by The Beach! We also have a range of flavorsome main dish, breakfast, dessert, and sideline recipes to satisfy your taste buds!