Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and a healthy once can help boost productivity. Find out healthy breakfast ideas for office below: Please follow and like us:
You don’t have to reserve your seafood recipes for extravagant dinners and for days when you want to go out for fine dining. Seafood doesn’t have to be off the table on routine days. You can have it whenever you feel like it. However, the…
We’ll be celebrating Senior Citizens Day on the 21st of August, and no celebration is complete without good food. But when it comes to our senior loved ones with weaker immune and digestive systems, we need to be careful about their dietary intake.
World Health Organization (WHO) reveals that the majority of seniors’ health conditions are a result of malnutrition and an unhealthy diet. For instance, foods with high fat content have a strong correlation with prostate cancer, colon cancer, and pancreatic cancer. Additionally, poor diet has remained a significant cause in most cases of osteoporosis and diabetes.
To help you care for your elderly parents, grandparents, and other greying loved ones, we’ve rounded up a list of nutrient-dense and delicious recipes that are easily digestible and chewable. However, make sure you’re considering dietary restrictions while choosing the best food options for your senior loved one.
The Sweet Green Smoothie for a Quick Breakfast
This easy-to-make all-fruit smoothie is incredibly delicious and healthy for your senior loved ones. You can pick any fruit of your choice, any green vegetable (we prefer spinach or kale), avocado for good fat and fullness (you can replace it with a tablespoon of MCT oil), and any liquid for a smoother consistency, such as coconut milk, skimmed milk, almond milk, any juice, or even green tea!
The best thing about this smoothie is that you can easily customize it according to the dietary restrictions or preferences of your loved ones. You can even add mint, basil, parsley, lemongrass, or any other herb for more flavor. To make this sweet green smoothie recipe healthier, sprinkle some flax or chia seeds!
Italian Wedding Soup for a Wholesome Lunch
Famous Italian cuisine is always brimming with delectable flavors and nutrition. Made with sodium-free chicken broth, skimmed chicken breast chunks, olive oil, celery, carrots, baby spinach, acini de Pepe, fresh sage, rosemary, parsley, and thyme—this Italian Wedding Soup recipe will make the perfect healthy lunch for your aging loved one. Though the original recipe calls for meatballs and white wine in the soup, you can skip them if you’re preparing the meal with dietary restrictions in mind.
One Pan Chicken or Beef Enchilada Skillet for a Heartwarming Dinner
This steaming and appetizing delight is a quick and hassle-free one-pan recipe that utilizes leftover chicken or beef. Though the recipe tastes as delicious with chicken as it does with beef, we recommend going with shredded chicken if you’re making it for a senior family member. It is loaded with flavors of Velveeta cheese, tortillas, rotisserie chicken, diced tomatoes, enchilada sauce, tomato sauce, cumin, and a hint of chili powder. The best thing about this recipe is that you can replace the Velveeta cheese with any cheese you have in your pantry, and you can switch the beef with shredded chicken, turkey, cooked lentils, shrimps, or taco meat. To make this Chicken Enchilada Skillet healthier, you can also add corn and black beans to it.
Did your senior parents or grandparents love these recipes? Take a picture of them enjoying the meal, tag us @eats_by_the_beach on Instagram, and hashtag it #eatsbythebeach.
For more nutritious and flavorful recipes, feel free to browse through our breakfast, main dish, starter, desserts, and side dish sections!
Have queries or suggestions for us? Get in touch today!
Popular, fiery, and demanding attention—that’s a Leo for you! So it only makes sense to have some Leo-inspired dishes on the table at your loved one’s (densely populated) birthday party! Leos are social butterflies. You can bet they’re going to be hosting a birthday bash…
These delectable cinnamon roll pancakes are the ideal accompaniment to a refreshing cup of tea on a lazy summer morning. Is there anything better than starting your day with these delicious cinnamon roll pancakes? We don’t think so. This recipe is the perfect combination of a breakfast pastry, pancakes, and cream cheese glaze!
Here’s the full recipe for the perfect breakfast.
What You’ll Need
To make the Cinnamon Swirl
- Butter – 4 tbsp., melted
- Brown sugar – 6 tbsp.
- Cinnamon powder – ½ tsp.
- Vanilla essence – ¼ tsp.
To make the Cream Cheese Frost
- Butter – 4 tbsps., room temperature
- Cream cheese – 2 ounces, room temperature
- Powdered or caster sugar – ¾ cup
- Vanilla essence – ½ teaspoon
To Make the Pancakes
- Flour – 1 cup
- Baking powder – 2 tsp.
- Salt – ½ tsp.
- Buttermilk – 1 cup
- Egg – 1 whole, beaten
- Vegetable oil – 1 tbsp.
Directions to Cook
- For the cinnamon swirl, mix the brown sugar, butter, vanilla essence, and cinnamon powder in a medium-sized bowl and spoon it into an airtight ziplock bag. Set it aside.
- To whip up a delicious cream cheese glaze, melt some butter in a pot over low heat.
- Remove the pot from heat and add cream cheese at room temperature. Stir until the melted butter and cream cheese have thoroughly combined. Then add vanilla essence and caster sugar to the pot and keep whisking until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- For the pancakes, preheat a large skillet at medium-low temperature. Make sure the skillet is non-stick or grease it with cooking oil before adding the pancake batter.
- Take a scoop-full of pancake batter and pour it onto the skillet. You can use an ice cream scoop for equal measurements.
- Spread the pancake batter in a fine round shape using the back of a spatula.
- Take a zip-locked cinnamon swirl baggie and cut off a small corner at one end to squeeze the swirl on the pancake.
- When you begin to see bubbles on the surface of the pancake, drizzle the swirl on top in an annular pattern.
- Allow the pancake to cook for another three to four minutes and then flip on the other side.
- When the other side of the pancake is cooked (after about three minutes), dish it onto a large plate with the swirl side up.
- Repeat steps 5 to 10 for the remaining pancake batter and keep the cinnamon roll pancakes fresh and warm in a preheated oven at 200 degrees.
- When all the pancakes are ready, trickle the sweet cream cheese glaze over the pancakes and serve warm.
Want to try more mouthwatering recipes to kick-start your lazy quarantine days? Browse through our breakfast recipes online!
For more cooking tips and recipes, follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Have suggestions? Get in touch with us today!
Due to Covid-19, we’re bounded to stay safe within the boundaries of our home. Staying at home all day long, with work from home, and no access to the gym can lead to what we call “the quarantine weight gain.” You may be exercising to…
Whether you’re a food blogger, a single mom, or a student living on your own, stocking your kitchen cabinet with the right spices is essential for hassle-free, healthy, and delicious cooking. Like painting, cooking is also an art, where you don’t need paintbrushes, but spices…
Spices are used to alter your dish’s taste; by adding a tiny dash, you can enhance the flavor of otherwise bland ingredients.
They are aromatic flavorings from seeds, fruits, bark, rhizomes, and other plant parts used to season preserve food. Read below for more details:
Are you planning a virtual date night over Zoom or FaceTime? Not being able to see your partner can be disheartening. Distance may not matter for some, but for many of us, it’s a real challenge to feel close to our significant other when they’re…
Deciding what to cook for the day is probably the biggest dilemma of your day. Since we are no longer left with any dine-out options, trying out new recipes from the ingredients in your pantry is all we can do to satisfy our cravings. Stepping…
Going on a fun night out is no longer a thing—at least until the fear of coronavirus prevails. But you can still call your best friend over for an exciting night in! Whether you want to reminisce on the thrilling high school days, celebrate a happy occasion, or help your best friend get over their ex—don’t forget to make these refreshing drinks to add more flavor to your night.
Try all three of these and show us how it turned out by tagging us @eats_by_the_beach on Instagram!
Jalapeno Guava Margarita
After a long, tedious, and tiring day, this refreshingly sweet and mildly spicy chilled cocktail will give you a well-deserved energy boost. Jalapeno Guava Margarita is a mouth-watering combination of homemade guava juice, jalapeno syrup, and tequila that will set your mood for the entire night. This drink is also perfect to beat the heat on a hot summer day.
What You’ll Need:
|· Sugar||· Jalapeno peppers|
|· Lemons||· Orange|
|· Margarita or kosher salt||· Chili powder|
|· Silver Tequila (or any other)||· Orange liqueur or Cointreau|
|· Jalapeno syrup or citrus syrup||· Guava juice|
For a flavorful experience, read the full recipe and detailed instructions here.
Cool Lychee Martini Cocktail
This chilled, fruity, and mouth-watering lychee martini cocktail will satisfy your taste buds with a refreshing blend of vodka, lychee nectar, and liqueur. Fancy restaurants will ask you for up to $15 for this martini pop that you can easily make at home under $5 or maybe less!
If you’re not a fan of strong alcohol-based cocktails that dull down the sweet fruity flavors, this vodka-based martini is for you. We love the peach schnapps and lychee with St. Germain’s Elderflower Liqueur because of its floral hint, but you can use any liqueur that suits your taste buds.
What You’ll Need:
|· Vodka (any good brand)||· Peach schnapps|
|· St. Germain’s Elderflower Liqueur||· Canned lychee juice|
|· Lemon juice||· Fresh lychee for garnishing|
You could also drizzle some vermouth for the authentic martini touch. Read the full recipe here!
The Quarantini Cocktail
This our fun take on regular cocktails. It will brighten up your lazy quarantine day with the bright and exciting neon green hue and fruity sweetened flavor. Not only is it heavenly delicious, but it’s also a healthy treat filled with vitamin C goodness.
What You’ll Need
|· Vodka||· Green Melon Liqueur by Midori|
|· Fresh lemon juice||· Lime soda, tonic water, or any club soda|
If you don’t find vodka in your pantry, switch it with your regular tequila or gin. You can also use Sour Apple Schnapps instead of Midori if you don’t prefer the melon flavor.
Read asparagus goat cheese tart recipe here.
Gift a bottle of this heavenly homemade coffee liqueur recipe to a loved one, surprise your romantic partner on an at-home dinner date, or simply enjoy it as a treat-to-self!
Traditionally known as Kahlúa, this beverage is an exquisite combination of your favorite alcohol and coffee, with a dash of flavor-bursting vanilla. It’s so much better to make it at home than buy super syrupy coffee liqueur, which is not only high in sugar content but also not as fresh and rich as the homemade version.
When it comes to coffee liqueur, we’d say: to each, their own. We’ve seen people drizzling it onto their espresso martinis, Russian cocktails, desserts, and even ice cream! And well, it always looks and tastes delish. Nevertheless, you can always have this delectable, soothing liqueur to put your mind at ease before you retire for the night!
Here’s the full recipe for our easy-to-make homemade coffee liqueur recipe
What You’ll Need
- Coffee – strong brewed, 4 cups (pick your favorite, but make sure it’s good quality!)
- Granulated sugar – 4 cups
- Vanilla bean paste – three tbsp (or you could also use ¼ tsp of vanilla extract if the paste isn’t readily available)
- White rum or vodka – 4 cups
Directions for Making the Flavor Bursting Coffee Liqueur
- To make the coffee syrup, add the strong coffee and granulated sugar in a saucepan and bring it to boil on medium-high flame. Stir the mixture as it cooks and make sure the sugar dissolves completely.
- When the syrup has reached a full boil, and no more sugar is left undissolved, turn down the flame and let the syrup simmer for another ten minutes.
- Remove the pan from the stove and let it cool at room temperature.
- Add the vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract and white rum to the syrup and mix well.
- Store your homemade liqueur into a clean and dry glass bottle and cover it with an air-tight lid.
- Serve with dinner or store it in a cool and dry place to enjoy later.
To maintain its traditional essence, we’ve used white rum for this recipe. However, if you’d like to cut down the carbs and sugar, you can substitute it with vodka. This Kahlúa can remain fresh, potent, and flavorsome for up to four years—but who’s leaving it for that long anyway?
Pin this recipe or print it out to put it up on your kitchen’s cooking board!
Head on to our online food blog breakfast, main dishes, side dishes, desserts, and starters section for more mouth-watering recipes!